Lagoon Commercial 2011
Just saw a very brief Lagoon season pass commercial during the morning news on channel 2. Obviously filmed last year. It started with a parking lot shot of the Roller Coaster with a group girls headed running through the parking lot toward the first drop. Then a shot of the Fire Dragon. No shots of BomBora (probably because we haven't had decent enough weather yet). But there was a group of kids in a outdoor volley ball court with the lettered surf boards spelling out "BomBora". (Which I'm still hoping to see on the themeing of the ride. As of my last visit, they have not been added to it yet.) The commercial was not shown in HD. Perhaps the next batch.
I hope Lagoon uses some of the songs from BomBora's on board audio for the official commercials, since they obviously had to pay something for the rights to use them. Why not make the most of them. What an honor to have the iconic Beach Boys material, who are such long time fans of Lagoon, finally directly connected to one of Lagoon's attractions. The Beach Boys reportedly love to visit Lagoon every time they come to town during the season. They even mention Lagoon in one of their songs. The marketing potential is so high. It would be too cool to have them riding BomBora in a commercial. If only Lagoon could afford it. Hope they thought of that. I can't wait to see what 2011's ad campaign has in store. Smile

Maybe we'll be lucky enough to have the Beach Boys perform at Lagoon this season!
You'll Never Know Until You Go!
I was surprised they didn't use the song with the others, but it's not really a surf-esque song.
A Beach Boys reunion at Lagoon would be awesome. You always hear rumors about old bands getting back together for a tour or show, but it's often wishful thinking. I quickly checked Wikipedia and found this:

Quote:That July, Rolling Stone magazine reported that Jardine stated "we’re definitely doing at least one show" in 2011 to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the formation of the band. The reunion would feature all the surviving sixties-era Beach Boys— Jardine himself, Wilson, Love, Johnston and possibly Marks. Jardine added that the tension between various former band-mates has been resolved. Regarding the various now-resolved lawsuits between them, he noted that "Once we finished our business, all the negativity was gone." Rolling Stone reported that Wilson's manager, Jean Sievers, is "unfamiliar with reunion plans", although the magazine stated "a source close to Love says there have been discussions for reunion concert, but nothing is set." There was also no confirmation of a location for the concerts.

Can't say it's not possible, but they have played at many other venues in Utah since their last Lagoon performance in 1970. I would like to see it.
(04-27-2011, 05:37 PM)Brad-n Wrote: I was surprised they didn't use the song with the others, but it's not really a surf-esque song.
A Beach Boys reunion at Lagoon would be awesome. You always hear rumors about old bands getting back together for a tour or show, but it's often wishful thinking. I quickly checked Wikipedia and found this:

Quote:That July, Rolling Stone magazine reported that Jardine stated "we’re definitely doing at least one show" in 2011 to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the formation of the band. The reunion would feature all the surviving sixties-era Beach Boys— Jardine himself, Wilson, Love, Johnston and possibly Marks. Jardine added that the tension between various former band-mates has been resolved. Regarding the various now-resolved lawsuits between them, he noted that "Once we finished our business, all the negativity was gone." Rolling Stone reported that Wilson's manager, Jean Sievers, is "unfamiliar with reunion plans", although the magazine stated "a source close to Love says there have been discussions for reunion concert, but nothing is set." There was also no confirmation of a location for the concerts.

Can't say it's not possible, but they have played at many other venues in Utah since their last Lagoon performance in 1970. I would like to see it.

I didn't realise that this was their 50th anniversary. Hey it's Lagoon's 125th. Could this be a sign? Maybe there is a glimmer of hope after all!.......You can just hear the universe willing it to happen! Smile
I got a to see them perform at Stadium of Fire in the 90's. (John Stamos even was the guest drummer. HaHa!) It was the best Stadium of Fire I've ever been to. (and I've been to a lot) They must have played for 2 and a half hours and performed every song I could think of. I would love an encore! What an opportunity.
Positive thoughts everyone. Wink
Well, it looks like they actually have a tour in place for this year and no dates in Utah at all!

http://www.pollstar.com/resultsArtist.aspx?ID=77175

There IS about a month between their Del Mar, CA & Wisconsin shows. Is it too late to get them to add a stop at Lagoon in July?!
(04-28-2011, 11:23 AM)Brad-n Wrote: There IS about a month between their Del Mar, CA & Wisconsin shows. Is it too late to get them to add a stop at Lagoon in July?!

You see! There's that glimmer of hope agian!Smile
Maybe they'll spend the whole month performing at Lagoon. (Ha Ha! If only) Perhaps one teensy weensy little concert. (Pretty Please) Never say never.
Everyone keep thinking those positive thoughts. Wink
If you look Closely there is a Utah Date! But its not at Lagoon or the Wasatch front, but in the Beautiful Cache Valley! They are preforming at the Cache Valley Cruise IN!!!!!

June 30th, 2011!
Okay, that Logan concert WAS NOT there when I made that post. They are obviously still adding shows, so there could still be one at least closer to Lagoon. If not, Logan is pretty close.

The question is, will Brian Wilson be there to make it a true reunion concert!
(05-01-2011, 10:21 PM)Brad-n Wrote: Okay, that Logan concert WAS NOT there when I made that post. They are obviously still adding shows, so there could still be one at least closer to Lagoon. If not, Logan is pretty close.

Wait a miniute! Could "Logan" be a typo for "Lagoon", or perhaps Lagoon just isn't ready to announce it yet, and "Logan" is just a coded stand in. HMMMM! HaHa! That glimmer keeps getting brighter and BRIGHTER! Happy
See it's working. Positive Thoughts everyone! (And while were at. Just visualize Brian Wilson there too!) Wink
(05-02-2011, 03:34 AM)Trackbender Wrote:
(05-01-2011, 10:21 PM)Brad-n Wrote: Okay, that Logan concert WAS NOT there when I made that post. They are obviously still adding shows, so there could still be one at least closer to Lagoon. If not, Logan is pretty close.

Wait a miniute! Could "Logan" be a typo for "Lagoon", or perhaps Lagoon just isn't ready to announce it yet, and "Logan" is just a coded stand in. HMMMM! HaHa! That glimmer keeps getting brighter and BRIGHTER! Happy
See it's working. Positive Thoughts everyone! (And while were at. Just visualize Brian Wilson there too!) Wink

That site must be slow, cause we have known since December that the Beach Boys are coming to Logan this summer. Sorry No typo.

http://www.cachevalleycruisein.net/index...formation/

(05-02-2011, 05:17 AM)INCoasters Wrote:
(05-02-2011, 03:34 AM)Trackbender Wrote:

That site must be slow, cause we have known since December that the Beach Boys are coming to Logan this summer. Sorry No typo.

http://www.cachevalleycruisein.net/index...formation/
Apparently you had to be on a Relief Society E-mail List to find out about it! Laugh
WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
Coaster Credits: 96
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island