Future Coaster?
So now we know that the blue coaster tracks and the cream colored supports are for Bombora does that mean that there will be no 2012 coaster?
I would say most likely not, I would still expect a flat ride. But Maybe Lagoon does have a trick up their sleeve, they did start working on BomBora 2 years ago.

Most parks don't put a coaster in 2 years in a row, I'm sure it has happened but not very often.
It would not typically be likely, especially with a park like Lagoon, but they actually did claim in one of their old press releases along with what I learned in an interview I had with Dal Freeman that they want to make a new coaster bigger and better than Wicked!
(04-06-2011, 01:22 PM)InternetAddict Wrote: So now we know that the blue coaster tracks and the cream colored supports are for Bombora does that mean that there will be no 2012 coaster?
From Page One, Thread One, of the BomBora Thread:
Quote:Admin Notes:
This thread is a combination of two coaster threads originally started when members of the Lagoon is Fun Team felt that Lagoon was working on two coaster projects. After some months of consideration, it has been decided that we can only physically confirm one coaster project, while we still believe a second project is in the works......

(04-06-2011, 01:26 PM)INCoasters Wrote: I would say most likely not, I would still expect a flat ride. But Maybe Lagoon does have a trick up their sleeve, they did start working on BomBora 2 years ago.

Most parks don't put a coaster in 2 years in a row, I'm sure it has happened but not very often.
Actually, work started only a year ago. Wink

(04-06-2011, 02:35 PM)RCInsider Wrote: It would not typically be likely, especially with a park like Lagoon, but they actually did claim in one of their old press releases along with what I learned in an interview I had with Dal Freeman that they want to make a new coaster bigger and better than Wicked!
When you interviewed Dal Freeman, did he ever state to which point he designed Wicked before Stengel took over?

WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
Coaster Credits: 96
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
^Nope, he didn't, but he did state he came up with the idea, especially the new kinds of LSM's to be used for the launch system.
(04-06-2011, 06:26 PM)RCInsider Wrote: ^Nope, he didn't, but he did state he came up with the idea, especially the new kinds of LSM's to be used for the launch system.
That Puzzles me, as the LSM Drives are Manufactured by InTraSys GmbH aren't they? I believe InTraSys GmbH is the only Company that Offers a Flywheel Inverter and Switchable Linear Eddy-Current Brakes like those used on BomBora. I mean, the "Slim" LSM Drives used on Wicked, Gerstlauer LSM Coasters, and Premier Rides LSM Coasters are different in design than those used by Intamin, but that doesn't mean InTraSys doesn't manufacture them.

WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
^But he came up with a way to produce a smoother launch than the typical LSM system. As you said, those coasters have a different design manufactured by the same company, so why couldn't Dal have come up with a smoother lunch system? He said when they were touring around the country visiting parks to get ideas, he like Rock n' Roller Coaster's launch but felt it was too rough.
I'm okay with Lagoon taking a couple years to get us another roller coaster especially if the next coaster is indeed going to be better than Wicked.
(04-07-2011, 07:07 AM)RCInsider Wrote: ^But he came up with a way to produce a smoother launch than the typical LSM system. As you said, those coasters have a different design manufactured by the same company, so why couldn't Dal have come up with a smoother lunch system? He said when they were touring around the country visiting parks to get ideas, he like Rock n' Roller Coaster's launch but felt it was too rough.
^ That would involve programming, not design. I'm thinking it was the Vertical LSMs on the Tower he was talking about, which was absolutely INGENIOUS!

^Maybe. Which ever, we can all agree he had a mjor role in Wicked's design.