Jet Star 2 Discussion Thread
(03-26-2019, 02:42 PM)Scotty C Wrote: I am new to the boards here, and enjoy reading all of the posts about Lagoon.  This year I am going to be a new operator at Jet Star. When I went through my training I asked about the No single rider rule and they said it was due to standards set by the manufacture to ensure weight is evenly distributed throughout the ride, for a much safer ride.  While training we ran the ride with empty cars, however each car had sand bags in them to weigh them down.  I hope my post helps to answer some questions.

Welcome to lif glad to have u here and your post.
(03-26-2019, 02:42 PM)Scotty C Wrote: I am new to the boards here, and enjoy reading all of the posts about Lagoon.  This year I am going to be a new operator at Jet Star. When I went through my training I asked about the No single rider rule and they said it was due to standards set by the manufacture to ensure weight is evenly distributed throughout the ride, for a much safer ride.  While training we ran the ride with empty cars, however each car had sand bags in them to weigh them down.  I hope my post helps to answer some questions.

Welcome to LIF. Enjoy Jet Star, that was one of my favorite rides to operate and supervise over. Early in the season with the new wheels the sandbags are to get the wheels broken in with the cooler temps. Once summer hits you can run empty cars easily no problem. I will still always remember seeing an empty car in a light rain storm go fast enough to shut the rides safety system down, have the car go through a closed brake 2, reduction and staging like they weren't even there. The very end of staging grabbed the back of the car and stopped it on that curve to unloading. It was crazy!
[Image: 63b8acec93efb554cba7644d62fa3a0c.png]

Expert on SALTAIR -- The Coney Island of the West
Wouldn't they be able to update the break system so that it can be run more reliably in rainy weather?
JS2 is always the 1st ride to go down with a little bit of rain starts
(03-26-2019, 05:18 PM)DeLorean Wrote: Wouldn't they be able to update the break system so that it can be run more reliably in rainy weather?
JS2 is always the 1st ride to go down with a little bit of rain starts

Na cause the speed from just a little rain makes the ride travel too fast even with better brakes.
[Image: 63b8acec93efb554cba7644d62fa3a0c.png]

Expert on SALTAIR -- The Coney Island of the West
(03-26-2019, 07:17 PM)UtahCoasterEnth Wrote: Na cause the speed from just a little rain makes the ride travel too fast even with better brakes.

So what your saying is bring water on the ride and spray it in front of you to get a wild ride?
(03-26-2019, 02:42 PM)Scotty C Wrote: I am new to the boards here, and enjoy reading all of the posts about Lagoon. This year I am going to be a new operator at Jet Star. When I went through my training I asked about the No single rider rule and they said it was due to standards set by the manufacture to ensure weight is evenly distributed throughout the ride, for a much safer ride. While training we ran the ride with empty cars, however each car had sand bags in them to weigh them down. I hope my post helps to answer some questions.
Thanks for providing that information, I figured they had a good reason for it, just had never found it anywhere.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk