Jet Star 2 Discussion Thread
Rode the Jet Star 2 last weekend. Still great. Enjoyed the fast trip up the spiral, glad to see that was still working well. Did not feel any clunk in the tight loop like I did last time. Go figure.

The best part? The cars were being run in this order: 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8. THANK YOU to someone for getting them in numerical order! (ha ha) 7 was sidelined, 1 must be in the shop.
(06-15-2015, 12:15 PM)Walter Wrote: Rode the Jet Star 2 last weekend. Still great. Enjoyed the fast trip up the spiral, glad to see that was still working well. Did not feel any clunk in the tight loop like I did last time. Go figure.

The best part? The cars were being run in this order: 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8. THANK YOU to someone for getting them in numerical order! (ha ha) 7 was sidelined, 1 must be in the shop.

I believe Car 1 is the car they use for spare parts if I remember correctly. The bump is gone because the track has been modified in that area as to get rid of the bump.
(06-15-2015, 12:47 PM)Coasters Wrote: I believe Car 1 is the car they use for spare parts if I remember correctly. The bump is gone because the track has been modified in that area as to get rid of the bump.
The bump was the from the Bolster on the Wheel Housing. Wink

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
Coaster Credits: 96
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
Something kinda interesting happened to me on jetstar on Halloween. We got loaded up and were about to get sent up to the top when some sort of warning beep started and we stopped. The employees look confused and I looked up and saw that the cars were stopped at the top which was very weird to see. Apparently a car hadn't made it past the brake run at the end of the ride and they had to stop all of the cars. Not sure how common this was but they told us to get off so we did. I watched the maintenance crew push the car that didn't make it past the brake run out to the unloading station. They closed the ride shortly after that and I'm not sure if they re-opened it later in the day

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk
(11-02-2015, 10:22 PM)Cannibal Crazy Wrote: Something kinda interesting happened to me on jetstar on Halloween. We got loaded up and were about to get sent up to the top when some sort of warning beep started and we stopped. The employees look confused and I looked up and saw that the cars were stopped at the top which was very weird to see. Apparently a car hadn't made it past the brake run at the end of the ride and they had to stop all of the cars. Not sure how common this was but they told us to get off so we did. I watched the maintenance crew push the car that didn't make it past the brake run out to the unloading station. They closed the ride shortly after that and I'm not sure if they re-opened it later in the day

I saw that they had to Evac a Car on the Spiral/Hot Rail, and 1 from the Second Safety Brake. Rocket was also having some issues around the same time, which included a Ride Maintenance Technician Climbing Up Re Entry's Tower, followed by a Slow Accent and Decent on Re Entry that is Usually Performed during Safety Checks prior to Operation. The Compressor House also seemed unusually quiet. In regards to the Alarm, it starts beeping when the Ride is Stopped. The "Confusion," as it would appear to those who haven't worked in Park Operations, would actually be the Crew Performing their Duties after a Ride Stops/Goes into Emergency. You First Check to Make Sure the Trains in the System have Safely Stopped where the Should, All Trains are Accounted For, Guests are Uninjured, All Personnel are in their Proper Positions, and Communication with the Booth Operator, Calls to the Rides Office and thus a "Loaded" Call to Rides Management and Maintenance. It's really a quite coordinated dance. Of course, I'm sure they were first thinking, "Seriously? The Last Day? Ugh!" lol

WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
(11-04-2015, 04:40 AM)linearinduction Wrote: I saw that they had to Evac a Car on the Spiral/Hot Rail, and 1 from the Second Safety Brake. Rocket was also having some issues around the same time, which included a Ride Maintenance Technician Climbing Up Re Entry's Tower, followed by a Slow Accent and Decent on Re Entry that is Usually Performed during Safety Checks prior to Operation. The Compressor House also seemed unusually quiet. In regards to the Alarm, it starts beeping when the Ride is Stopped. The "Confusion," as it would appear to those who haven't worked in Park Operations, would actually be the Crew Performing their Duties after a Ride Stops/Goes into Emergency. You First Check to Make Sure the Trains in the System have Safely Stopped where the Should, All Trains are Accounted For, Guests are Uninjured, All Personnel are in their Proper Positions, and Communication with the Booth Operator, Calls to the Rides Office and thus a "Loaded" Call to Rides Management and Maintenance. It's really a quite coordinated dance. Of course, I'm sure they were first thinking, "Seriously? The Last Day? Ugh!" lol

I guess if things are going to start to "break down" then the last day is the perfect time lol. It's really interesting though how they execute things like that and take it so seriously which is a good thing and probably is the reason lagoon is so great at safety. I did notice re-entry's gondola was just sitting up there which actually kind of scared me when I first saw thinking people were on it lol.

(11-04-2015, 11:50 PM)Cannibal Crazy Wrote: I guess if things are going to start to "break down" then the last day is the perfect time lol. It's really interesting though how they execute things like that and take it so seriously which is a good thing and probably is the reason lagoon is so great at safety. I did notice re-entry's gondola was just sitting up there which actually kind of scared me when I first saw thinking people were on it lol.

First thing I noticed was the empty cart sitting at the top of the Tower with the Shot Tank Draining. Wink

Wink Sammy Davis Jr, everybody.
(11-05-2015, 01:47 PM)Brădēn Wrote: Wink Sammy Davis Jr, everybody.
Ok, I really don't get it. lol

You've been using the winky face a lot and it reminded me of him. Haha