Spider Discussion
(03-04-2016, 04:33 PM)Brădēn Wrote: Your eyes are not deceiving you. They put the trains on this week.

They warmed up train 1 today. Hopefully train 2 will come out soon, but that depends on the weather
Folks, that's more of a Charcoal than Black, and I like it better than if it was Black! They can paint the remaining uprights in place, as I'm sure the priority is getting the ride operating for opening day. It also appears there is still only one Train with the ART Engineering GmbH Bogies.

March is when you load the sandbags in Coaster and call for Pushers and/or Dead Weight. Always fun to be on the first train of the season. Smile

I was working on RSR before my Rove Shift on Opening Day, so I only heard of it second hand, and I believe it was the First Drop where the tire blowout occurred.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
Coaster Credits: 96
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
(03-05-2016, 12:14 AM)linearinduction Wrote: Folks, that's more of a Charcoal than Black, and I like it better than if it was Black!

I think you're probably right, although I'll agree to disagree on the preference. Gloss black would look sharp & be easy to clean; matte charcoal already looks weathered & will pick up dirt a lot easier. Unless it's a, erm, glossy charcoal... doesn't look like it's a glossy finish there, but hard to tell from a ways back. One thing's for sure, red track looks awesome. Smile

(03-05-2016, 12:14 AM)linearinduction Wrote: March is when you load the sandbags in Coaster and call for Pushers and/or Dead Weight. Always fun to be on the first train of the season. Smile

Amen to that! I still miss trying to get Roller Coaster around West Curve the first day out back in the day... man, that was a blast. Happy
(03-05-2016, 12:55 AM)DragonTamer Wrote: I think you're probably right, although I'll agree to disagree on the preference. Gloss black would look sharp & be easy to clean; matte charcoal already looks weathered & will pick up dirt a lot easier. Unless it's a, erm, glossy charcoal... doesn't look like it's a glossy finish there, but hard to tell from a ways back. One thing's for sure, red track looks awesome. Smile

Amen to that! I still miss trying to get Roller Coaster around West Curve the first day out back in the day... man, that was a blast. Happy
I think the charcoal looks a lot better with the red than a plain black. It gives it more personality and will look better with the charcoal "web" and bright colored "flies".

It looks like a glossy charcoal to me...but we all shall be able to see opening day for sure. Smile

WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
(03-05-2016, 12:14 AM)linearinduction Wrote: Folks, that's more of a Charcoal than Black, and I like it better than if it was Black! They can paint the remaining uprights in place, as I'm sure the priority is getting the ride operating for opening day. It also appears there is still only one Train with the ART Engineering GmbH Bogies.

March is when you load the sandbags in Coaster and call for Pushers and/or Dead Weight. Always fun to be on the first train of the season. Smile

I was working on RSR before my Rove Shift on Opening Day, so I only heard of it second hand, and I believe it was the First Drop where the tire blowout occurred.

They ran Coaster with people in it yesterday and maintenance pushed it. Had a hard time getting it out of the anti-rollbacks on upper west curve
(03-05-2016, 06:29 PM)Coasterdude97 Wrote: They ran Coaster with people in it yesterday and maintenance pushed it. Had a hard time getting it out of the anti-rollbacks on upper west curve

Not to get too far off-topic (sorry, Spider!), but yeah -- that happens first time out every year. Takes awhile of running with all those freshly-packed bearings to get everything to break in enough for it to keep up a good speed around the whole circuit. Plus, it's cold (relatively speaking), which doesn't help. It's a lot of fun trying to get it rolling that first trip! Wink
Will they change the cars color?
(03-06-2016, 05:18 PM)Mr.Lagoon22 Wrote: Will they change the cars color?

The cars I see at the ride in the photos above appear to have the same colors as last year, so that looks like a "no."
(03-07-2016, 02:05 AM)DragonTamer Wrote: The cars I see at the ride in the photos above appear to have the same colors as last year, so that looks like a "no."
Not to Mention Maurer's Airbrushing was Superb! I mean, both Mouse and Spider look Excellent and Brand New and it's been almost 20 years on Mouse! Smile

(03-07-2016, 02:04 PM)linearinduction Wrote: Not to Mention Maurer's Airbrushing was Superb! I mean, both Mouse and Spider look Excellent and Brand New and it's been almost 20 years on Mouse! Smile

Exactly! Man, hard to believe it's been that long on Mouse!