Spider Discussion
Quote:it is Entirely Possible that Lagoon has implemented this new policy in response to the Xtreme and Maihime Incidents.

That's what the anonymous chatter was talking about, but he/she did not refer to any specific accidents. I just did my own looking and found the one. I can understand creating a rule that like if there have been some incidents involving a single rider each time. Better safe than sorry.
(04-04-2011, 11:38 AM)Velcro Wrote:
Quote:it is Entirely Possible that Lagoon has implemented this new policy in response to the Xtreme and Maihime Incidents.

That's what the anonymous chatter was talking about, but he/she did not refer to any specific accidents. I just did my own looking and found the one. I can understand creating a rule that like if there have been some incidents involving a single rider each time. Better safe than sorry.

I compleatly agree with you on this one becuase its for safety reasons and I would rather have a rule that may or maynot be stupid in place than having the worst happen because of not folowing said rule.
trackbender Wrote:Sid never had it better on the fire dragon and Jet Star at night.
Do you think Lagoon's Spider will ever have an accident like that? That would be scary! Shocked
(04-08-2011, 01:13 PM)Whipped Pickle Wrote: Do you think Lagoon's Spider will ever have an accident like that? That would be scary! Shocked
Absolutely NOT!

WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
Coaster Credits: 96
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
Now that precautions are being taken, no.
(04-02-2011, 09:46 PM)Velcro Wrote: If no one knows the reason for the rule, I'll contact Lagoon and see if I can get an answer for you. Concerning your group of three, did they not try to group you up with a single rider?

Its because if there is an accident they want more witnesses so they can describe what happened and if someone is by them selves on one side no one can be a witness on what happened they have done this on ALL the rides besides the ones you sit in a row and like the carnival rides. Even Log flume, & Sky Scraper have this rule. Its kind of dumb though ONLY cause of this: some people have odd numbers or what if you go to lagoon by your self like I do and want to ride the front on rides or even a ride at all. There isnt other parks that do this. It can be a smart thing & next thing you know it there going to make it so that all there coasters like with the train cars you wont be able to ride in any row by yourself and that would just suck.
IMO if these are the reasons for Lagoon making said rule changes, then I think they should implement new que lines like on Wicked. Sinlge rider only lines that make it easier for ride operators to group people for that reason. i think trying to find single riders to fill an empty seat on a ride causes a longer wait (whether its longer or shorter is of no difference), and that may be one reason they are implementing this on some rides
Quote:There isnt other parks that do this.

Lagoon is a very safety conscious park. They will implement rules that no other park has thought of before because they try to limit as much risk as possible. Another thing to consider is liability. If Lagoon implemented the rule because they wanted a "witness" in the event that something went wrong on one side of the car, I can understand that desire. With people trying to sue businesses for anything these days, Lagoon is taking a step to protect themselves as well as protect their guests.

Yes, it is an inconvenience, but sometimes inconveniences have to happen to prevent worse things from happening. I agree with Dr_j017. One way to get around this inconvenience is by implementing a single-rider line.
(04-15-2011, 06:31 PM)Deathbyillusion Wrote:
(04-02-2011, 09:46 PM)Velcro Wrote: If no one knows the reason for the rule, I'll contact Lagoon and see if I can get an answer for you. Concerning your group of three, did they not try to group you up with a single rider?

Its because if there is an accident they want more witnesses so they can describe what happened and if someone is by them selves on one side no one can be a witness on what happened they have done this on ALL the rides besides the ones you sit in a row and like the carnival rides. Even Log flume, & Sky Scraper have this rule. Its kind of dumb though ONLY cause of this: some people have odd numbers or what if you go to lagoon by your self like I do and want to ride the front on rides or even a ride at all. There isnt other parks that do this. It can be a smart thing & next thing you know it there going to make it so that all there coasters like with the train cars you wont be able to ride in any row by yourself and that would just suck.
Lagoon has not released a statement regarding the Single Rider Rule for Spider, so lets not make it sound like they are anticipating a death.

Lagoon's Policy regarding Two Riders in the Front and Back Rows was Implemented after the 1989 Deaths, in which Single Riders were involved. The Policy is in place so that in the event of an incident, the Two Riders in the Front will have seen anything in front of the Train/Track, and the Two Riders in the Back will have seen anything happening on the Train. Wink

(04-15-2011, 09:15 PM)Velcro Wrote:
Quote:There isnt other parks that do this.

Lagoon is a very safety conscious park. They will implement rules that no other park has thought of before because they try to limit as much risk as possible. Another thing to consider is liability. If Lagoon implemented the rule because they wanted a "witness" in the event that something went wrong on one side of the car, I can understand that desire. With people trying to sue businesses for anything these days, Lagoon is taking a step to protect themselves as well as protect their guests.

Yes, it is an inconvenience, but sometimes inconveniences have to happen to prevent worse things from happening. I agree with Dr_j017. One way to get around this inconvenience is by implementing a single-rider line.
Agreed.

WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
Coaster Credits: 96
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
Haha I went on it today a lot! I don't know why I was scared of getting sick because it didn't make me sick the slightest! It was so fun! Front is the absolute BEST!!! (wicked is still better though) Happy