Spider Discussion Thread
(04-02-2011, 09:46 PM)Velcro Wrote: If no one knows the reason for the rule, I'll contact Lagoon and see if I can get an answer for you. Concerning your group of three, did they not try to group you up with a single rider?

We just pared found a single rider before we even got in line, they wouldn't even let us get in line unless we had a a even number of people in our group.
The rules they keep coming up with get dumber and dumber. Holy cow its becoming a black hole equal in idiocy to rival the government.
(04-02-2011, 11:03 PM)InternetAddict Wrote: We just pared found a single rider before we even got in line, they wouldn't even let us get in line unless we had a a even number of people in our group.

You should have picked on them and said that there is no singer rider because there are three of you! lol. On a more serious note, I am surprised you were not given an explanation as to the rule change.
(04-03-2011, 12:15 AM)Duct Tape Coaster Wrote: The rules they keep coming up with get dumber and dumber. Holy cow its becoming a black hole equal in idiocy to rival the government.

You might want to rethink your presumptuous statement there, buddy. How can anybody say if a rule is "dumb" if no information concerning it's placement are known.

P.S. Might I request that you Not bring up disscusions and/or topics relating to politics and/or the government? This is a forum that I (and others) come for discussions regarding lagoon, not political opinions.
(04-03-2011, 08:10 AM)That Wyoming Kid Wrote:
(04-03-2011, 12:15 AM)Duct Tape Coaster Wrote: The rules they keep coming up with get dumber and dumber. Holy cow its becoming a black hole equal in idiocy to rival the government.

You might want to rethink your presumptuous statement there, buddy. How can anybody say if a rule is "dumb" if no information concerning it's placement are known.

P.S. Might I request that you Not bring up disscusions and/or topics relating to politics and/or the government? This is a forum that I (and others) come for discussions regarding lagoon, not political opinions.

Chill. That's all I can say.
I get car sick too and I don't get sick on spider! Like UtahJazz said.... It's too much fun to get sick on! Your mostly thinking about how fun it is rather then your stomach. Wink
During the chat tonight, we had an anonymous person join and explain that the new no single rider rule is a result of a death on a similar roller coaster where the person who died was riding by herself. I did some digging and found that there was a fatality on Xtreme at Dixie Landin' amusement park in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. I don't know if this reason is legit or not, but I thought I would share it and we could discuss the possibility.
I found a youtube video on it.
Extreme isnt the only accident from a coaster of this type. On January 30th a man fell out of Maihime in Tokyo, Japan. But I dont believe that one was due to a single rider if im correct it was a lapbar failing to lock.
trackbender Wrote:Sid never had it better on the fire dragon and Jet Star at night.
(04-04-2011, 03:03 AM)Mustang Wrote: Extreme isnt the only accident from a coaster of this type. On January 30th a man fell out of Maihime in Tokyo, Japan. But I dont believe that one was due to a single rider if im correct it was a lapbar failing to lock.
No Cause was Found in the Xtreme Death at Dixie Landin', but it is Entirely Possible that Lagoon has implemented this new policy in response to the Xtreme and Maihime Incidents.

Here is a Link to a March 2007 Service Bulletin concerning the Locking Mechanism for the Safety Restraints on the Maurer Compact Spinning Coaster, SC-2000, & SC-3000: http://www.ltci.co.uk/LTC_Technical_Bulletins/Maurer_Locking_system.pdf

WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
Coaster Credits: 96
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island