Spider Discussion
Is reduction any smoother when it turns the car around, because if they haven't fixed that...? They've just wasted their time. Honestly, that was my only complaint about the whole ride: it bangs you around so much in reduction, I forget anything else about the trip.
Funny you bring that up! Shane and I were actually bracing ourselves for the typical SLAM! but it never happened. The car rotation is painless compared to how it used to be. Very nice improvement.

You will also notice brand new conduit throughout the floor of Spider. Maintenance told us they spent November - now bending and running all of that by hand. I quote "it was a brutal winter". The German programmer has been here since February. He should be going only in about a week and a half. Maintenance seemed really proud of the job they've done on Spider (I think they should be proud).

The new conduit terminates into the new east-side stone building (which will have an external light to better illuminate the queue line). They've added an access stairway down to the new building from the main cat-walk (employees only).

One mistake I saw, they have an exposed potable water spigot within teenager's reach. They better lock that sucker or else we'll have mud and water all summer from people messing with it.
I know absolutely nothing about ride programing but I'm curious as to why he was here for that long.
Lagoon maintenance and the German programmer sat at the control station pretty much all night. They were watching everything like hawks.

Our 2nd ride on Spider had an abrupt STOP at one point. We were like "What the..." After a brief pause, the car started moving forward again (Shane was nervously watching for another car to slam into us...LOL..."maybe we shouldn't be riding Spider yet?" was also considered).

We saw them checking things out (pretty seriously) as we exited the ride. I chalked it up to working out kinks and bugs with the new system.

However, our first ride was flawless.
Yea I was a lil worried of possibility of another car hitting our car, but maintenance guy had our back. The first ride was definitely better, but besides the car stopping on top it was a still great ride.
(05-08-2017, 01:05 AM)crooks.mark Wrote: I know absolutely nothing about ride programing but I'm curious as to why he was here for that long.

The rides programming was garbage. Hopefully from a Operators perspective its better now too.
[Image: 63b8acec93efb554cba7644d62fa3a0c.png]

Expert on SALTAIR -- The Coney Island of the West
(05-08-2017, 01:48 PM)UtahCoasterEnth Wrote: The rides programming was garbage. Hopefully from a Operators perspective its better now too.

The ride would always break down while I ran it last year. It got so bad towards the end of the season they decided they had to fix it. I haven't reauthorized on it yet, but I hear the console is similar to Wicked and Cannibal, which makes me really excited!
Coaster Count: 37
Favorite: The Silver Bullet
Should've ridden one of the extra spinny cars this year.

**moved this post from an old spammer-bumped thread. - Greg
That's a good point Braden... Did anyone get lucky enough to ride an extra-extra spiny car on spider this year? Wow! It only happened to me a few times but what a ride!
(11-04-2017, 03:50 PM)gregwibert Wrote: That's a good point Braden... Did anyone get lucky enough to ride an extra-extra spiny car on spider this year? Wow! It only happened to me a few times but what a ride!

After being a supervisor over that ride and riding it during brake checks I avoid that ride.
[Image: 63b8acec93efb554cba7644d62fa3a0c.png]

Expert on SALTAIR -- The Coney Island of the West