New Alpine Coaster protested????
Snowbird Mountain Resort is planning on putting an Alpine coaster in this next summer and there are people protesting against it. Saying "the attraction does not fit with the canyon's natural beauty." I think they don't know what they are talking about. I've been on two Alpine coasters and both did not harm or take away from the beauty of the landscape they occupied. I'm not a fan of people who protest something, most of which I'm sure have never ridden an Alpine coaster. The link below is for the story from KSL.

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=148&sid=14731226

I have been on two alpine coasters and they are excellent rides.
You can read more about them here
http://www.wiegandslide.com/alpine-coaster-bobs.html

Edit - Here are Additional Stories from the Salt Lake Tribune

Snowbird Mountain Coaster in for a Bumpy Ride - 3/14/11

Protesters Target Snowbird Coaster Proposal - 3/14/11

Of course it wouldn't fit in with the natural beauty. Alpine coasters don't happen naturally. Neither do roads or houses. Happy
As for the protest, this is what public planning and zoning meetings are for.
I drive past there to get to Alta. There are about 15 people protesting. Just ignore them and they will go away.

Edit: At the resort, that is.
It's just a bunch of Entitled Elitists who live in the Canyon and want to protect their Home and Property Values, although from what, I have no idea. It seems that most of these morons believe this is an "Amusement Park Ride" and "Roller Coaster" not an Alpine Coaster. Apparently, all of these Idiots are too busy worrying about stupid thing, but the Remaining Contamination from 50 Years of Mining is a non issue. Wink
WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
Coaster Credits: 96
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
[Image: photo.php?fbid=10150107846747400&set=a.1...99&theater]

This might be hard to see but I grabbed this from a news clip its from one of the signs of these protesters and it shows exactly they have no idea what they are talking about.
Yes, it's hard to see. It's just a bunch of letters and numbers.
Its a picture of one of the protesters signs showing a B&M coaster flying off the mountain side with a Disney Castle on the top of the mountain.
(03-16-2011, 08:28 AM)Duct Tape Coaster Wrote: Its a picture of one of the protesters signs showing a B&M coaster flying off the mountain side with a Disney Castle on the top of the mountain.
I'm not seeing the Photo.

WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
Coaster Credits: 96
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
Here, uploaded it to ImageShack:
[Image: snowbirdcoaster.png]
Member of Lagoon Games Department 2010-2011
thanks for helping with the photo