Improvements that could be made around the park
This thread is for improvments around the park that we would like to see. Like for instince I think that an improvment that should be done is on roller coaster. You know when you are waiting in line and you see the plaque that says that the roller coaster will be all brown and says that it will be in a few years. Well I think that its been a few years and they should get around to it.
(07-22-2010, 07:09 PM)Hackenslash Wrote: This thread is for improvments around the park that need to be done. Like for instince I think that an improvment that should be done is on roller coaster. You know when you are waiting in line and you see the plaque that says that the roller coaster will be all brown and says that it will be in a few years. Well I think that its been a few years and they should get around to it.

They are doing it now. Did you not notice the newly replaced section of the east curve this year? Wink

They are slowly replacing the ride by section, so it will probably be a few years before the entire ride is a natural brown.
Member of Lagoon Games Department 2010-2011
(07-22-2010, 07:09 PM)Hackenslash Wrote: This thread is for improvments around the park that need to be done. Like for instince I think that an improvment that should be done is on roller coaster. You know when you are waiting in line and you see the plaque that says that the roller coaster will be all brown and says that it will be in a few years. Well I think that its been a few years and they should get around to it.
If you read the sign closer, you would understand that they have stopped painting new sections white and that all old sections are not being repainted. Wink Roller Coaster is slowly turning Brown. Smile It will take many years for Roller Coaster to be completely brown, but the sign is aimed at Guests that visit the park once a year or less, not those of us die hards that pay close attention. Wink

Three Improvements I would like to see are:

Clean and Well Maintained Restrooms -
Restrooms should be Clean, Stocked with Hand Soap, Stocked with Towels, and should not smell like an Outhouse. The Restrooms at Cowabunga Bay never smell like an Outhouse.

Better Customer Service at Food Locations -
Nothing is Worse than waiting in a 10 Minute Line for a Cup of Water in 95+ Degree Heat because Foods Employees only help ONE Customer at a Time. Employees working on Tills should Take the Order, Take Payment for the Order, and Help the Next Customer in Line, while an Expediter gets the Food for the Customer.

Garbage Cans and Recycle Bins -
More Garbage Cans and the Addition of Recycling Bins would be a great Improvement. Most People who make fun of Cedar Point and other Cedar Fair Parks for their Large Quantities of Garbage Cans don't understand why they have them. The Addition of just a few More Garbage Cans and Recycling Bins at Lagoon would decrease the frequency of seeing Overflowing Trash Cans.

Continuing the Improvements Made to the Park Each Year is something that is always Welcomed and Appreciated by Me. The Addition of 3 Point Challenge, New Paint on Musik Express, Working Lights on Sky Scraper, etc. this year gives me much hope and anticipation for the years to come. Smile
WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
Coaster Credits: 96
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
Quote:This thread is for improvments around the park that need to be done.

This could possibly be worded better. I would suggest something like "This thread is for improvements around the park that we would like to see." I am not a fan of telling a business what they "need" to do.

Quote:The Restrooms at Cowabunga Bay never smell like an Outhouse.

I cannot vouch for Cowabunga Bay's restrooms, but I would guess that Lagoon has a significantly higher amount of people that go in and out of the restrooms compared to Cowabunga Bay. Would I still like to see the restrooms stop smelling like an outhouse? Yes, who wouldn't?

Quote:The Addition of just a few More Garbage Cans and Recycling Bins at Lagoon would decrease the frequency of seeing Overflowing Trash Cans.

I always thought Lagoon had a fairly decent amount of garbage cans at least down the main midway. There could be more on some of the north and south ends of the park. I have never really paid attention to other parks because I am usually there to have fun. Tongue Doesn't Lagoon have a goal of checking the garbage cans often enough to avoid them from overflowing? Other than the picnic areas on some of the busier days, I have not seen this problem. Of course, I normally stay away from the park on busier days.

Quote:Continuing the Improvements Made to the Park Each Year is something that is always Welcomed and Appreciated by Me.

Agreed! I love a new year because I am always excited to see what Lagoon has done to improve the park!
I noticed that when I was at frightmares last weekend that the trash cans has bees buzzing in and out of them..My little 8 year old brother actually got stung while trowing away his icee!
One thing that I thought would be cool is if they brought back the "all star marching band" all the videos I saw on YouTube showed that they were quite good, and perhaps they would only play on "off days" to avoid getting in the way of people.
Why would anybody want Roller Coaster brown? Just because that was the way it was a long time ago? Do you forget the only way it has any sort of unique name is because it is WHITE Roller Coaster! the only reason it worked being brown then was because it was one of the few roller coasters in existence at the time! While the brown might look nice, I would rather see them give WHITE Roller Coaster a fresh coat of paint and add some BROWN GCI woodie in the future.
/\ Because they could [hopefully] put that money and effort spent painting and treating the coaster's wood towards something better. Unpainted wood also makes the coaster easier to inspect, so maybe even safer. I honestly don't care what color the Roller Coaster is any more, it's a fantastic ride anyway.

Plus, I kinda like the idea of calling a brown coaster the "white roller coaster," just to confuse non-Utahns. Laugh

(See this post by Sid for more info on why Lagoon decided to stop painting it)
Member of Lagoon Games Department 2010-2011
(10-12-2010, 04:05 PM)RCInsider Wrote: Why would anybody want Roller Coaster brown? Just because that was the way it was a long time ago? Do you forget the only way it has any sort of unique name is because it is WHITE Roller Coaster! the only reason it worked being brown then was because it was one of the few roller coasters in existence at the time! While the brown might look nice, I would rather see them give WHITE Roller Coaster a fresh coat of paint and add some BROWN GCI woodie in the future.

Plus, they'd have to take out the "grand entrance" gate at the drop off area. I think that a brown roller coaster would look ugly and not stand out as much as white.
Like ducky said, the name is going to stick, its just going to confuse the "other" people.