The Destruction of the Lake Park Terrace
So i have been researching Lake Park resort for the last few monthes in hopes of finding where it once stood. Im glad to say i have found the location. Sadly after I had accomplished my goal i had hoped to see the beatiful pavillion in real life. I was devastated when i learned that in 2004 they tore it down to build the bat ride. Apparently the only piece of it still standing is the Rose Terrace, which at one time was actually the cupula on top of the pavillion. If I had the mmoney i would gladly buy it from Lagoon as they are not taking any special care of it. Lake Park was magnificient in its day, and i would think that Lagoon would be proud that some of their first buildings were moved from there. Instead they tore the last original biulding down in order to build another half decent ride. I was wondering if anoyone knew what they did with the pieces of the Lake Park terrace? If any of you are wondering what the Lake Park Terrace originally looked like, visit this website:

mwdl.org and search "Lake Park Bathing Resort"
Actually the Lake Park terrace was part of the top of the pavilion, and it was tore down and disposed of. Basically it was a pile of wood in the field for a while, then it was gotten rid of.
A man would rather have a good scare over good advice.
[Image: mba-badge-purple.jpg]

It was primarily removed because it was deteriorating, and Lagoon could not preserve it any longer.

Source: Deseret News article about The Bat from 2005

It is too bad that they had to remove it though.
Member of Lagoon Games Department 2010-2011
I know the terrace was only the roof and a few feet below of original structure. And then the Rose Terrace, that they painted pink, was the cupula on top of that. I heard that someone bought some of the Lake park terrace after they took it down and put it in their front yard. Does anyone know who that was? The most interesting part of the original Lake Park Pavillion (Terrace) was a section on the front top part of the roof, which inside of a circle said "1886". On either side of the circle were a dragon. That section would have been part of the Lake Park terrace at lagoon. I would love to see it.
The Lake Park Terrace was actually rebuilt from the original pavilion. It was much shorter and was rectangular instead of square like the original.

I'd say they did a pretty good job keeping it around as long as they did. It was relocated after 10 years and rebuilt after 60+ years and still managed to survive 118 years! The prison in Pioneer Village is the oldest building at Lagoon which is still in its original location.
[quote='Brad-n' pid='42054' dateline='1296345094']
The Lake Park Terrace was actually rebuilt from the original pavilion. It was much shorter and was rectangular instead of square like the original."

Thats interesting, yeah That makes sense now that i think about it. It did look a lot more rectangular.

(01-28-2011, 07:50 PM)zac37 Wrote: So i have been researching Lake Park resort for the last few monthes in hopes of finding where it once stood. Im glad to say i have found the location.
I would like to know where exactly the resort once stood. Do you have the coordinates?

(01-28-2011, 07:50 PM)zac37 Wrote: Apparently the only piece of it still standing is the Rose Terrace, which at one time was actually the cupula on top of the pavillion. If I had the mmoney i would gladly buy it from Lagoon as they are not taking any special care of it.
When Lagoon rebuilt the Maple Terrace, they also built a Foundation for the Rose Terrace, so I don't know how one could say they are not taking care of it.

(01-28-2011, 07:50 PM)zac37 Wrote: Lake Park was magnificient in its day, and i would think that Lagoon would be proud that some of their first buildings were moved from there. Instead they tore the last original biulding down in order to build another half decent ride.
There was nothing really "magnificent" about the lake park terrace and was only constructed from parts of the original building. I still thought it was cool to have a part of Lake Park in Lagoon, but Steel had to be used to keep the walls from falling out, the Roof was Sagging, and it was generally in poor shape structurally. The cost to rebuild a new Lake Park Terrace with Replica Parts obviously would have been nice, but impractical due to cost. Removing the Lake Park Terrace and Installing the Bat in it's place was a Business Decision and after all, Lagoon is a Business, not a Museum. Bat is also a Good Ride and is Extremely Popular with it's intended Demographic, and that is Families with Children who are Too Big for Puff and Not Big Enough for the Big Coasters. I also think the Placement of the Bat was Perfect!
DISCLAIMER: This post contains my own personal views and opinions and do not reflect the views and opinions of any Company or Organization. Furthermore, I do not purport to speak on behalf of any Company or Organization and it's views or opinions.
Coaster Credits: 99
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
(01-29-2011, 07:00 PM)linearinduction Wrote: Lagoon is a Business, not a Museum.

Uh huh, just look at PV. Happy
Sorry, just wanted to be facetious.
A man would rather have a good scare over good advice.
[Image: mba-badge-purple.jpg]

(01-29-2011, 09:11 PM)skwid Wrote:
(01-29-2011, 07:00 PM)linearinduction Wrote: Lagoon is a Business, not a Museum.

Uh huh, just look at PV. Happy
Sorry, just wanted to be facetious.
I was just waiting for some Smart ASS Remark! Laugh

DISCLAIMER: This post contains my own personal views and opinions and do not reflect the views and opinions of any Company or Organization. Furthermore, I do not purport to speak on behalf of any Company or Organization and it's views or opinions.
Coaster Credits: 99
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
ok, why would I be inclined to share the coordinates when I have been doing all the research to find it out? Tell ya what, you see if you can figure it out by your self, then we can compare answers Wink And I didn't say that the Lake Park terrace was magnificent, I said Lake Park, meaning the resort.
" I still thought it was cool to have a part of Lake Park in Lagoon, but Steel had to be used to keep the walls from falling out, the Roof was Sagging, and it was generally in poor shape structurally"
You guys still do have part of Lake Part at Lagoon! The rose terrace. But unless you guys start really trying to restore it, the same thing will happen to it. Listen, I understand that it was good business to build the bat, but it would also be good business to really advertise Lagoons history. Lagoon is small, and if people knew where it came from, it would look even more attractive. Lagoon obviously cares about history, hence Pioneer village. Why then does it not seem to care about its own history?