7 33.33%
Alexman
66.67%
14 66.67%
Total 21 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Bombora Contest Voting
Thumbs Up 
We have received our entries for the Bombora No Limits Contest. Now it is time for the Lagoon Is Fun community to vote for the best design!

For those of you that have No Limits, you can download the tracks and check them out. For the rest of us, Rubber Ducky has been nice enough to create YouTube videos of the contest entries. Below are the videos, and I have attached the track files for download.

Once you are able to view the track, vote for your favorite coaster! Voting will run for 1 week to allow everyone a chance to vote.

Entry #1 is by Duct Tape Coaster:

Entry #2 is by Alexman

Attached Files
.nltrack   DuctTapeCoaster.nltrack (Size: 162.23 KB / Downloads: 135)
.nltrack   Alexman.nltrack (Size: 165.39 KB / Downloads: 129)
I would of made a video but I wasn't getting any sound after the creation of the video, but thanks Rubber Ducky for the video.
I think I liked Alex's design more, but I voted Duck Tape Coaster as his seemed more realistic and fitted in to the space more nicely.
I liked different parts of each ride. I liked Duct Tape Coaster's steepER drop and it is actually probably more realistic. I didn't like how slow and short it was- I know it has to be slow because it is a Kiddie Coaster, but I still think that Alexman's speed was more realistic and better. Maybe I am dreaming about different speeds, but I know that the variety of twists and... well, I guess you couldn't call them inversions, made Alexman's seem more fun than DTC's constant right turning. Maybe I am dreaming about this too but I think Alexman's coaster is longer than DTC's. I definitely don't want another Bat around the park. I liked DTC's drop better than the slight hill, drag, and then drop again that was in Alexman's version of Bombora. But after DTC's drop- which was the best part of the ride, it seemed to get slow and boring. Alexman kept the fun going the whole ride in my opinion. So therefore, I am voting for Alexman.
DTC*
Pros:
-Good, believable support work.
-Varyed track layout.
-Varyed track height.
-Believable concept.

Cons:
-Track work and smoothness low.
-Awkward curves. (uneven radius)
-Awkward climbs and decents.
-Track to support nodes without supports attatched to them.

*who I voted for.

Alexman
Pros:
-I like the tone of the color scheme more than DTC.
-Uses a required surf curve.
-Overall smoother than DTC.
-Overall neatness.

Cons:
-Low height variance.
-Seems repetitive.
-Supports need fine tuning to be believeable (Spacing and technique).
-Prefab support usage. (big turn off for me)
Huh, now that we're voting, I kinda wish I'd entered. Oh well, I guess there's next year.
Member of Lagoon Games Department 2010-2011
I am thinking of holding an additional No Limits contest later this month because I like seeing what people create. You can always join in on that one. Smile
(01-02-2011, 04:10 AM)Velcro Wrote: I am thinking of holding an additional No Limits contest later this month because I like seeing what people create. You can always join in on that one. Smile
Perhaps a "Finished Proposal" of Bombora from what we have seen? Smile

Some Changes....
Obviously, the Template was too Narrow for a Conventional Train and Turns, not to mention that a Train should be used, and off ride video of the ride as well as a POV. Smile

WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
Coaster Credits: 96
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
I'd rather do something else than another Bombora design contest.
(01-03-2011, 01:20 AM)Velcro Wrote: I'd rather do something else than another Bombora design contest.
You are NO FUN! Laugh

WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
Coaster Credits: 96
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island