The lagoon trolley
I can remember when I was little, my mom would take me and my siblings to lagoon on a bus and then we would get on a trolley that would drop us off right at the front. I know they stopped doing this a few years ago. Anyone else remember the trolley? I wish they still had that Frown
By a few years ago what year do you mean?
^She probably means that the old style trolley no longer was used to drop people off at the entrance gates of lagoon. Wink
I use to ride the bus to work and remember being dropped off on main street in Farmington, then riding the old style bus trolleys to work. My friend and I use to like to stand on the back while we rode into work.
A man would rather have a good scare over good advice.
[Image: mba-badge-purple.jpg]

Oh I see what year was these trollies removed? >_<
(05-16-2010, 10:06 AM)skwid Wrote: ^She probably means that the old style trolley no longer was used to drop people off at the entrance gates of lagoon. Wink
I use to ride the bus to work and remember being dropped off on main street in Farmington, then riding the old style bus trolleys to work. My friend and I use to like to stand on the back while we rode into work.

Yes! Standing in the back was so fun. Do you by chance know when/why they stopped this? I am 20 now but I remember it very vividly. I am guessing it was no more than ten years ago. I wish lagoon or Farmington(I would assume it was Farmington....or UTA???) would bring it back.
That'd be cool if they did but they alredy ripped out the track and to add it would be expensive.
(05-16-2010, 05:13 PM)hackenslash23 Wrote: That'd be cool if they did but they alredy ripped out the track and to add it would be expensive.

It wasn't an actual trolley. Just one of those they put on bus chassis or something like that. They used to have a bunch in downtown SLC too. They had rubber tires and didn't need a track.
(05-16-2010, 12:00 PM)Lovebug Wrote:
(05-16-2010, 10:06 AM)skwid Wrote: ^She probably means that the old style trolley no longer was used to drop people off at the entrance gates of lagoon. Wink

Yes! Standing in the back was so fun. Do you by chance know when/why they stopped this? I am 20 now but I remember it very vividly. I am guessing it was no more than ten years ago. I wish lagoon or Farmington(I would assume it was Farmington....or UTA???) would bring it back.
I know that UTA discontinued the use of the Trolleys in 2000 because they didn't want to pay to make the repairs that were needed; the last two were use around temple square.
A man would rather have a good scare over good advice.
[Image: mba-badge-purple.jpg]

(05-16-2010, 05:16 PM)Brad-n Wrote:
(05-16-2010, 05:13 PM)hackenslash23 Wrote: That'd be cool if they did but they alredy ripped out the track and to add it would be expensive.

It wasn't an actual trolley. Just one of those they put on bus chassis or something like that. They used to have a bunch in downtown SLC too. They had rubber tires and didn't need a track.

hackenslash, if you want to see one of the old trolleys, there is one in the spare parking lot across from Roosters and the convention center in Layton.
I believe it was also dangerous because some people thought it was just like a San Fransisco Trolley and they hung over the edge way too far.