Game Break A Plate
Information 
Break A Plate

Opened: 2002
Object: Break 2 out of 3 plates for a small prize, or break 3 out of 3 for a large.
Price: 3 Balls for $3
Tradeups: 3 Smalls = 1 large, 2 larges = 1 jumbo
You need to get perfect aim on this game or you will lose!!! Unless you are a genius coordinator, try another game!
(05-07-2010, 09:04 PM)Invisible Ink Wrote: You need to get perfect aim on this game or you will lose!!! Unless you are a genius coordinator, try another game!

That's definitely not true. With the number of plates in the game, it's hard not to hit one, even if it's by accident. Also, thanks to the way the plates are mounted on the racks, you don't have to hit one very hard to cause it to break.

The trick to this game is your speed. There have been countless times that I've had to instruct a guest to slow down their pitching speed, as it often compromises their ability to aim. If you aren't very confident in your abilities, and it's a slow moment at the game, you can also ask the operator to make sure the racks are full. Wink
Cannibal Count: 20
I remember my wife throwing the ball right past the plates only to have it bounce off the back and break one as the ball was coming back towards us.
(05-07-2010, 09:36 PM)JordanM Wrote:
(05-07-2010, 09:04 PM)Invisible Ink Wrote: You need to get perfect aim on this game or you will lose!!! Unless you are a genius coordinator, try another game!

That's definitely not true. With the number of plates in the game, it's hard not to hit one, even if it's by accident. Also, thanks to the way the plates are mounted on the racks, you don't have to hit one very hard to cause it to break.

The trick to this game is your speed. There have been countless times that I've had to instruct a guest to slow down their pitching speed, as it often compromises their ability to aim. If you aren't very confident in your abilities, and it's a slow moment at the game, you can also ask the operator to make sure the racks are full. Wink

sorry, I know this is a pretty stupid question, but I don't really get what you mean. When you say the trick is speed, but you've had to instruct people to slow down so they can have better aim, are you saying it's better to throw it at a fast speed or slower?
Pick a speed that is the most accurate for you. I am not good unless I am lubed up. (couple beers in me).

The plates are very brittle and even a very slow lob with break them. This is one of the easiest games to get a decent prize.
What are we doing for dinner?
For some reason I thought this game was here earlier than 2002. Does anyone know what was here before?
Updated the game information to reflect 2013 changes. I also noticed I don't have a picture of this game when I thought I did. Does anyone have one they would be willing to let me use?