BomBora Discussion
(04-05-2010, 10:39 PM)RCInsider Wrote: Is it just me, or does a 2012 opening date seem a little far off for track and supports that are already onsite. Why would Lagoon not open this coaster in 2011? The question is, will this be a family or thrill coaster as the track as of what we see could be either.

The other problem I am having is that the track and support work looks familiar to Sky Rocket which is almost an exact copy of Wicked! certainly Lagoon wouldn't want that...
My Theory is that Lagoon may have inked a deal last summer because of the economic downturn and got a great price on raw materials. That would be why Lagoon is receiving and storing Track and Support Columns so early. It's also possibly this coaster could be a first of it's kind, like Wicked. All Sources indicate this will be a Thrill Ride, and not a Family Ride. As stated in the 2011 Roller Coaster Project Thread, it appears 2011 will bring a Family Coaster. Wink

The Support Columns and Track match Backlot Stunt Coaster and Roundabout as well, as I stated in the first post. Smile
DISCLAIMER: This post contains my own personal views and opinions and do not reflect the views and opinions of any Company or Organization. Furthermore, I do not purport to speak on behalf of any Company or Organization and it's views or opinions.
Coaster Credits: 99
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
What if Lagoon throws us for a loop and we get two roller coasters for next year!? That would definitely be something unique. And yes, I am probably dreaming. Happy

Keep in mind that we are trying to do some educated guessing here as well. We are basing this information off of the emails that Dave Freed has sent to Ducky, rumors that have been popping up about a kiddie coaster near Lagoon-A-Beach, and what we are seeing on the park. Keep in mind, this website has had a great record of guessing Lagoons next rides. Wink
Here is our information- there might be a family coaster in2011-2012, and a thrill coaster around that same time. Everyone is hoping that it will be like blsc. Has anyone considered that it might be another bat?
(04-06-2010, 04:58 AM)UtahDude Wrote: Here is our information- there might be a family coaster in2011-2012, and a thrill coaster around that same time. Everyone is hoping that it will be like blsc. Has anyone considered that it might be another bat?

That would be the family coaster that we are hearing about but looking at the photos sid got of LAB the space does not look big enough for the amount of uprights and track that are around the park, I could see a Zeiner Force 4 Coaster going there that could be the family coaster.
(04-06-2010, 07:16 AM)LagoonGoon Wrote: That would be the family coaster that we are hearing about but looking at the photos sid got of LAB the space does not look big enough for the amount of uprights and track that are around the park, I could see a Zeiner Force 4 Coaster going there that could be the family coaster.

I could see a Zierer Force 4 Coaster there as well.

Anyway, for my next educated guess based off of the fact the supports and track are also similar to Round About, could we possibly see an elevator lift on this ride. I say elevator lift not ferris wheel lift like on Round About because:

1) It would look to similar to Sky Scraper

2) It would be capable of going much higher

3) it is a compact style coaster in a way

4) It would fit the uniqueness Lagoon would be going for

Anyone else think this is a slight possibility based on the fact that out of the three coasters similar, two have a launch system which Lagoon does not need another of after Wicked!
(04-06-2010, 09:00 AM)RCInsider Wrote:
(04-06-2010, 04:58 AM)UtahDude Wrote: Here is our information- there might be a family coaster in2011-2012, and a thrill coaster around that same time. Everyone is hoping that it will be like blsc. Has anyone considered that it might be another bat?

Correction- We do not hope we get a copy of BLSC but something bigger.

^^Agreed, I would be happy if it was at least 150' tall. But Im not holding my breath.
Has anyone considered that it might be new lockers are a differant ride other than a coaster going up near LAB after all we do have Odysea and the Dragan there allready?
They could just be building a new water ride or perhaps a new loker room.
^ Well the fact Dal Freeman mentioned a new kiddie coaster in that EXACT same spot makes you think otherwise.
Dal Freeman said he would want a new ride there (most likely a kiddie coaster) because when he walked me inside of the Pagoda or control room for Jumping Dragon, he designed it so that one side was empty so that it could be used for a possible kiddie coaster just across the walk in the future.