Poll: Will UtahDude's website fail or work?
It will FAIL!
It will work.
[Show Results]

Lagooned.com UtahDude's new web site (Poll Added)
Lagooned.com
by UtahDude
Fail

Are you really trying to build a website that will fall the ultimate power of LIF?
(04-16-2010, 07:56 PM)LagoonGoon Wrote: Lagooned.com
by UtahDude
Fail

Are you really trying to build a website that will fall the ultimate power of LIF?

I am doing it with rock. Yes, it looks very professional and I am sure it will turn out good. You even get to chat with the spirit of lagoon that saved carousel from the fire of 1953. There- we should have a Lagoon Guy "Criticizing Posts" emoticon.
(04-16-2010, 08:29 PM)UtahDude Wrote:
by UtahDude
Fail

I am doing it with rock. Yes, it looks very professional and I am sure it will turn out good. You even get to chat with the spirit of lagoon that saved carousel from the fire of 1953. There- we should have a Lagoon Guy "Criticizing Posts" emoticon.

So another person is teaming up with Corey to make a website? Time to sit back, pop some popcorn, and grab a pepsi. This should be a good one. Wink

Also. You don't get to tell me whether a website looks professional! Tongue
Cannibal Count: 20
(04-16-2010, 11:19 PM)JordanM Wrote:
by UtahDude
Fail

So another person is teaming up with Corey to make a website? Time to sit back, pop some popcorn, and grab a pepsi. This should be a good one. Wink

Also. You don't get to tell me whether a website looks professional! Tongue
I say we start a pool! The person who comes closest to the date it shuts down gets a $25 Gift Certificate to the LagoonisFun Store! Laugh How Long did LagoonDay Last? Jordan and Will, can we set up a Calendar like the Potluck Sign Up thing so we can place our chosen dates? Let us know when you launch UtahDude, we wouldn't want someone to miss out on the pool! Laugh
WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
Coaster Credits: 96
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
by UtahDude
Fail

UtahDude let me give you some advice, before you start going to make your own website (that will fail) work on your own web edict first. Becaues you and Rock are the least liked people on the forum, I am sure most forum members would agree with me.

Trust me Rock is one of the worst people to work with, (me only knowing from the nightmare known as Lagoonday when I wasted two months of my life!) In the end I closed the site with Rock crying becaues I would not help him. Then he keeps sending me E-mails asking for me to be his freind, help him get a job at Lagoon, and drive him everyday! I could keep going but I don't want to fill this thread with this crap, (Could we get the past few posts moved to a new thread?)
Learn from the other sites that have failed and don't get in that mess!

Lagoonday lasted 46 days not a day more! Laugh

But since you will not listen to the many warnings that other members and I have given you. You will still try and fail and we will watch, should be a good show! Laugh

My first guess is that the site will last, 40 - 60 days. Tongue
(04-17-2010, 07:27 AM)LagoonGoon Wrote:
by UtahDude
Fail

UtahDude let me give you some advice, before you start going to make your own website (that will fail) work on your own web edict first. Becaues you and Rock are the least liked people on the forum, I am sure most forum members would agree with me.

Trust me Rock is one of the worst people to work with, (me only knowing from the nightmare known as Lagoonday when I wasted two months of my life!) In the end I closed the site with Rock crying becaues I would not help him. Then he keeps sending me E-mails asking for me to be his freind, help him get a job at Lagoon, and drive him everyday! I could keep going but I don't want to fill this thread with this crap, (Could we get the past few posts moved to a new thread?)

But since you will not listen to the many warnings that other members and I have given you. You will still try and fail and we will watch, should be a good show! Laugh

I am aware of what Lagoon Day was and I have tried to do the opposite. I get along with rock pretty well and the only problem is that I can never completely understand what he said. If the site dies down, I leave it there, not archive it until someone randomly googles and joins in the forums. And I am sure chatting with the spirit of Lagoon is some perk that no lagoon fan site has ever done before. I am pretty confident I can get some members out of this site and I know that I can get family and friends who have never heard of LIF. If I continue making updates, fill everyone in with news, keep the forums active with interesting topics, and get a domain name once it gets about 100 members, I am good. Lagoon Guy, LagoonDay is still there- in archive mode. You can still look at the blog page, and know that someone likes lagoon and gives tourists advice, every Lagoon Fan Site has failed except for LIF. That is why I am hoping some of them will join and help the forum get started. The launching will take place when I post the link in the forums. The Site is already published, but I am not giving out the URL until nothing looks tacky. It is pretty good and definetly meets all the standards that Lagoon Is Fun has and Goonie Freaks, Addicted 2 Lagoon, Guide to Lagoon, Jet Star 2 archive, and some others had. I am going to make it look nice no matter what. And even if it does get archived someday I hope it can be useful to people planning to go to Lagoon.
(04-17-2010, 07:27 AM)LagoonGoon Wrote:
by UtahDude
Fail

I will move it when I get back from a flag football game. Wink
WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
Coaster Credits: 96
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
UtahDude I think that it is fine that you start a new web site, it doesn't hurt to create something that you are passionate about (i.e. the birth of LiF), I will even look at it when you get it going. I want you to remember one thing though that did lead to downfall of LagoonDay (besides spelling), don't steal any photos, videos, or content from any other fan site, especially this one because it is a good way to get people teamed up against you and work for the failure of your site. Good Luck
A man would rather have a good scare over good advice.
[Image: mba-badge-purple.jpg]

(04-17-2010, 12:25 PM)skwid Wrote: UtahDude I think that it is fine that you start a new web site, it doesn't hurt to create something that you are passionate about (i.e. the birth of LiF), I will even look at it when you get it going. I want you to remember one thing though that did lead to downfall of LagoonDay (besides spelling), don't steal any photos, videos, or content from any other fan site, especially this one because it is a good way to get people teamed up against you and work for the failure of your site. Good Luck

Thanks skwid. Corey told me that too when I got a bunch of Lagoon Photos off Google Images and pasted them on the site. Also, everyone is already criticizing my site even though they have never seen it. I have very good grammar when I want to and I am ready to edit Corey's every word if I have to. LagoonDay was a failure because of the grammar. Even I avoided being a member when it was still active. And really, even if I don't get any members from here I still have a lot of friends who are Lagoon fans and don't know anything about LIF. Fine, sit on your butt with pepsi and doritos, but think twice when I have about 50 members and am hosting a major website of my own.
If you can manage 50 members, I'll put down my pepsi and bring back So Wicked. Tongue

Speaking of... why does NOBODY mention that SW ever existed? You're making me feel all sad and such. Haha.
Cannibal Count: 20