Did you feel the Randolph 4.9 earthquake?
Oh no, get out your 72 hour kits! Yep, at 6:00 today I was here in my computer room when the ground and decorative tree started shaking, and then the windows were violently going back and forth. I realized in 10 seconds, :"we are having an earthquake!" After it was gone I went up to my friend's house to make sure it wasn't my imagination. He said he had felt it too, and it shook books off the shelf! Well, I hope the rides aren't broken, and not too many food items fell from where they were. I wonder what happened. If you can share an experience of it or give an explanation of it, put it here.
I'm not sure how close you are to Lagoon, but I am about 5-10 minutes south (Centerville) and I did not feel a thing. My parents were up in Layton at the time and didn't feel anything either. So I doubt Lagoon got affected in the least bit.
Member of Lagoon Games Department 2010-2011
What a joke! This little temblor (4.5) was centered all the way in Randolph, that is pretty much Wyoming. Lagoon is 90 miles away. There is no reason to mention this on LIF. Also, what kind of answer is "kind of" either you felt it or you didn't.
President, LIF Missouri Chapter, lolHappy
(04-15-2010, 07:44 PM)The Reegster Wrote: What a joke! This little temblor (4.5) was centered all the way in Randolph, that is pretty much Wyoming. Lagoon is 90 miles away. There is no reason to mention this on LIF. Also, what kind of answer is "kind of" either you felt it or you didn't.

Actually, my grandpa just told me there was an earth % 0in happy valley last night and he thinks it might have been an after effect. It was actually pretty violent, it didn't knock the decor. tree over but it sure did rustle. And ducky, I live right next to Cherry Hill if I haven't mentioned that before.
Even those in the immediate vicinity of the epicenter reported no damage and weak to light shaking...

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/d...index.html

Lagoon is fine!
Nothing down in SLC. Interesting story though...

My mom was outside doing some yard work with my cat out there with her then all of a sudden my cat freaked and ran toward the door to our house.

I love geology (earthquakes, volcanoes, mountains...) and I have always wanted to experience a minor earthquake. No luck yet though.
Really kinda close to Evanston, I sort of felt it. Nothing big though.
I was outside, moving grass in my yard I would not have noticed it but I was sitting on my sidewalk and it just felt like someone was jogging past me but I noticed it didn't think anything of it until I heard about it on X96.
But little rumble nothing much, just a remider to be prepared.
(04-15-2010, 09:00 PM)Coaster Maniac Wrote: I love geology (earthquakes, volcanoes, mountains...) and I have always wanted to experience a minor earthquake. No luck yet though.

You should come to California in the next couple weeks. It will apparantly be interesting here earthquake-wise.
Many people I know felt it, but neither my friend or I felt anything. (I was in Hooper at the time.) Wink
Cannibal Count: 20