Loop the Loop
Loop the Loop built in 1906, it was a twin steel coaster with one inversion? I always thought Revolution was the first.
http://www.rcdb.com/2513.htm
Revolution was the first successful coaster with a vertical loop.
There was also the Flip Flap Railway, built in 1895.

The Flip Flap was the first true looping coaster, but was designed terribly so the loop gave riders back and neck pain. Loop the Loop was better (not perfect), but it had capacity issues because only four customers could ride at once.

The Flip Flap:
[Image: oconeyi009p4.jpg]

Loop the Loop:
[Image: con-loop.jpg]
Member of Lagoon Games Department 2010-2011
(04-09-2010, 07:04 PM)Puff Wrote: Revolution was the first successful coaster with a vertical loop.
There were other Successful Looping Coasters, including Loop the Loop and Flip Flap, that pre-date Revolution by more than 60 Years. The Great American Revolution was the First Modern Steel Looping Roller Coaster. Wink Of Course, Modern is often left out and forgotten thanks to Marketing. Tongue
DISCLAIMER: This post contains my own personal views and opinions and do not reflect the views and opinions of any Company or Organization. Furthermore, I do not purport to speak on behalf of any Company or Organization and it's views or opinions.
Coaster Credits: 99
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
Thank you, this is what I love about LagoonisFun. If I cannot find an answer, one of the many experts knows it. Smile

Thanks
Also, I have heard about a rollercoaster from the early 1800s with a loop; except it was wooden. In France where it was built, so many people were getting hurt so the loop had to be taken off.-(does this remind you of a modern coaster?). Anyway, after, everyone soon after started this idea and started moving to steel! And that is the revolution of all looping coasters great and small! Off Topic
(04-10-2010, 12:44 AM)UtahDude Wrote: Also, I have heard about a rollercoaster from the early 1800s with a loop; except it was wooden. In France where it was built, so many people were getting hurt so the loop had to be taken off.-(does this remind you of a modern coaster?). Anyway, after, everyone soon after started this idea and started moving to steel! And that is the revolution of all looping coasters great and small! Off Topic
There were a couple Wooden Looping Coasters built at Coney Island that didn't work out so well. Wink
DISCLAIMER: This post contains my own personal views and opinions and do not reflect the views and opinions of any Company or Organization. Furthermore, I do not purport to speak on behalf of any Company or Organization and it's views or opinions.
This was in France. Wink By the way, this story came from the first section in the "Roller Coaster Guide."
(04-10-2010, 12:53 AM)UtahDude Wrote: This was in France. Wink By the way, this story came from the first section in the "Roller Coaster Guide."
Can you post a copy of the paragraph from the book?
I lost the book about a year ago. Tongue