2011 Roller Coaster
All Discussion Regarding Lagoon's "Super Secret" Roller Coaster Project has been Moved HERE and all Discussion Regarding Lagoon's 2011 Roller Coaster Project has been Moved HERE.

Regards,
The Management
WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
Coaster Credits: 96
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
Photos of Support Columns

Parts in Parking Lot Last Month

Supports Next to Wicked

Supports Next to Wicked

Supports Next to Wicked

Supports Next to Fire Dragon

Supports Next to Fire Dragon

Supports in Lagoon-A-Beach

Supports in Lagoon-A-Beach
WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
Why do you think that it won't open until 2011 Sid? Are you thinking that this is going to be a big installation? I don't see a reason that they couldn't start construction this winter and open it in early summer if it is a small or medium sized project
To me, that is a coaster. And a sizable one at that. And since lagoon has not started on their construction yet, I believe that Sid prediction is correct. About mid 2011 seems correct to me.

Btw, That round about coaster Ferris Wheel thing is hella cool.
Coaster Wrote: Why do you think that it won't open until 2011 Sid?  Are you thinking that this is going to be a big installation?  I don't see a reason that they couldn't start construction this winter and open it in early summer if it is a small or medium sized project.
I think it would make more sense financially for Lagoon to wait until 2011 to open this new coaster, due to the economy. I think it's pretty safe to say that attendance has been down this summer and in park spending down, considering Lagoon Cut Frightmares Hours and is now Charging 21.95 + Tax for Toddlers 3 Years of Age and UNDER! 12 Months and Under are Free, but they Cannot Ride the Carousel or Wild Kingdom Train!
That makes sense. So are you thinking they wont get a new ride at all next year? Maybe a new show or something?
Coaster Wrote: That makes sense.  So are you thinking they wont get a new ride at all next year?  Maybe a new show or something?

Who Knows, but Lagoon hasn't announced any plans for 2010 and it's entirely possible for this coaster to be built this winter and open next year.
I have heard a little about this over the season but it just sounded like bull crap. but this looks big! So what i heard is that lagoon purchessed land on the north end of the park around where that house on park lane and lagoon Drive used to be. to move the Employee parking lot furthur north also use this land to build more admistation offices for the rides department, games dep, foods Etc.
The land where the Employee parking lot is now would be the home to the new coaster of 2010. The reason work has not begun yet is the employee parking lot is still in use and cant be moved till the season is over. the coaster is suppost to be big take the new tallest in the park title. but i just thought it was another rumor.
Also i heard that hydro ludge will be gone in 2010 but again this is just rumors around the park
Hmmmmmm.....

That kinda makes sense. But I am in no position to agree or disagree. I do agree with the fact that this is going to be big, based on the height of those columns.

Weird though. Both of my nolimits projects were based on the employee parking lot theory, Starbursts' plans even intended for hydro to be knocked out, while Epicenter was planned for having basically the entire north end to be renovated.
I do think it will be nice to see the north end off the park needs some work and with sky scraper it is going to look good but i will be sad to see hydro go Frown