Disassembly of Skyscraper
Does anybody know why Skyscraper is being taken down? I am hoping that they are going to refurbish lights, but I suppose the real possibility exists that it could no longer be a part of the park. My kids were distressed yesterday! Anyone have the inside scoop?

Thanks,

Z
Z Wrote: Does anybody know why Skyscraper is being taken down?  I am hoping that they are going to refurbish lights, but I suppose the real possibility exists that it could no longer be a part of the park.  My kids were distressed yesterday!  Anyone have the inside scoop?

Thanks,

Z

Follow this link for the skinny on 'scraper!
http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=8110621
President, LIF Missouri Chapter, lolHappy
It was actually discussed on the news the other night. They are just doing a big refurbushing on it.
I am very excited for this! I would love to see that wheel lit up beautifully again.
Reegster Wrote: Follow this link for the skinny on 'scraper!
http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=8110621

I love how the file footage of the ride was when it first opened, I remember wearing those fun uniforms.
A man would rather have a good scare over good advice.
[Image: mba-badge-purple.jpg]

It's about time! I don't care what you guys have said about how it looked better then it did did before and so forth. The fact of the matter is, it wasn't looking good to the muggles. lol
Hmmm, Mystery solved then? Is this our present for 2010? A fantastically new-looking Ferris wheel to behold? Would be nice if we got a cool LED display that was talked about earlier in another thread. Should be pretty exiting.
A nice short glimpse of Flying Carpet at the 0:11 mark.
Was at California Adventure the other day - how about a ferris wheel upgrade with the swinging gondolas. I know this can't be done with out a major wheel restructuring, but hopeful wishing.
MikeSter24 Wrote: Was at California Adventure the other day - how about a ferris wheel upgrade with the swinging gondolas.  I know this can't be done with out a major wheel restructuring, but hopeful wishing.
Lagoon would have to fork out Big Bucks for a new Intamin/Inta-Ride Coaster Wheel. Wink
DISCLAIMER: This post contains my own personal views and opinions and do not reflect the views and opinions of any Company or Organization. Furthermore, I do not purport to speak on behalf of any Company or Organization and it's views or opinions.
Coaster Credits: 99
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island