Rides that you will not or cannot ride.
(06-27-2015, 06:25 PM)linearinduction Wrote: Ladybug Bop and Dino Drop are so much better than Rocket. Wink Also, Sky Coaster is Amazing, and Catapult isn't all that great, but will reopen asap. Also, don't forget there is a Season Pass Coupon to save $5 on Sky Coaster! It's also better if you have a group of 3....you swing higher and longer! Smile

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I forgot about the coupon. And if I do go on it I will have a group of three so that's exciting!

Sent from my LG-D415 using Tapatalk
(06-10-2015, 09:51 AM)dbambs Wrote: Cannot ride these, or I'm really uncomfortable if I do:
Sky ride - not a fan of heights and when it happens to stop I get really concerned
Sky scraper - like sky ride I tend to hate heights at a slow pace

Will not go on air race again, it made me sick

I do not mind heights at a fast speed like wicked, collasus, eventually cannibal, etc. but if it is a slow pace type of ride with heights I'm not a fan.  Weird probably....anyone else like this?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I don't tend to like sky ride very much either, which my wife makes fun of me for because I worked at a ski area for like 5 years and had no problem riding ski lifts without bars in front of you but don't e the sky ride which has a bar. I think it's cause the seats feel slime and I feel like I can slip out under bar.
(06-27-2015, 06:25 PM)linearinduction Wrote: ...Also, don't forget there is a Season Pass Coupon to save $5 on Sky Coaster!...

Quick question:  my Season Pass was purchased in a group by another family member, so I didn't see anything about that li'l tidbit.  Is it a one-time only coupon, or something you get each time you fly?  Did it come on the original receipt, or is it something you can redeem at Guest Services?

Funny, no matter how many times I've been on (which, after spending a summer as a Site Controller, is now easily 200+ flights), I still can't resist dropping $15 & going whenever I get a chance.  Seriously, that ride is AWESOME.  Have you ever been on the one over Royal Gorge in Colorado?  It's on the edge of the gorge, so when you swing out, there's literally nothing beneath you except the river 1,000 feet below.  Too bad it's one of their shorter arches; makes the flight over way too soon... but it's a heck of a view. Wink

My only complaint about Lagoon's SkyCoaster these days is that the operators are *freaking slow*.  I seriously sat in my flight suit for over a half hour the other day before we even got out to the Flight Line.
(06-28-2015, 09:34 AM)DragonTamer Wrote: Quick question:  my Season Pass was purchased in a group by another family member, so I didn't see anything about that li'l tidbit.  Is it a one-time only coupon, or something you get each time you fly?  Did it come on the original receipt, or is it something you can redeem at Guest Services?

You just go to lagoonpark.com/spclub and enter your info and then you should be able to download the coupons. And I'm pretty sure you can use it more than once.

I just looked, I did not see a unique code or anything on there. They have about 20 different coupons they sent out the first part of June. I hadn't tried using one yet though.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
(06-28-2015, 11:23 AM)Cannibal Crazy Wrote: You just go to lagoonpark.com/spclub and enter your info and then you should be able to download the coupons. And I'm pretty sure you can use it more than once.

(06-28-2015, 01:05 PM)dbambs Wrote: I just looked, I did not see a unique code or anything on there. They have about 20 different coupons they sent out the first part of June. I hadn't tried using one yet though.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
Thanks! I saw a barcode on it, but didn't look like a unique one. Only thing I noticed was the fine print said "Limit one coupon per Season Pass holder. Valid 2015 season." My guess is they mean you only get to use that coupon once, but you can use it anytime in the season (minus the few exclusions they list on it). Although a good debater could argue that they didn't specify a frequency, so what's to stop me from using one coupon per Season Pass holder per visit? Wink

I'll have to ask 'em next time I get down there.

To re-rail this topic, I'd have to say that my sense of balance hasn't aged as well as the rest of me. I used to have no problem with all but the twirliest & hurliest rides, but these days, I'm pretty much down to coasters and a few tamer flat rides. Even looking at Screamer makes my stomach wimper... and we won't even speak of Samurai. It's kind of a sad thing to lose for an old ride operator... at least I still have my coasters. Wink

Also not entirely sure the fascination with "splash zone" rides. Seriously, if I wanted to get wet, I'd go to LAB. I actually enjoyed Rattlesnake the first season or two, but since they've gone nuclear with ways to ensure you get wet, I just won't go do it. Nothing spells lack of enjoyment for me more than walking around the park with wet clothes sticking to me. Flume is just about my hard limit for wetness factor.
I've used my season pass coupons multiple times throughout the year.
I cannot do Cliffhanger if they're running the water with it. I don't mind getting wet but that one got me soaked all over and I swore never to ride it with the water running ever again.

Gesendet von meinem SAMSUNG-SM-N900A mit Tapatalk
Spinning rides never bugged me until I was about 15, when I fell ill to one of those smaller ones that put you in a room and moves the floor up and down at Magic Mountain. Since then they are not enjoyable to me and will generally rattle me for the rest of the day. So this means rides like Screamer are definitely a no-go, Air Race (I hadn't even known it existed TBH), and most likely The Samurai (though from others' posts I sound too tall for it). I've never vomited but it's unpleasant. My last trip to Frightmares on Sunday I did do the Music Xpress with my girlfriend and even that rung my bell a little, thankfully it was the last ride of the night.

I won't do The Bat because I think it's exceptionally lame. Cliffhanger for the same reasons many won't, because I don't want to get soaked. The Catapult is iffy for me since I've seen too many Internet videos, and the cost. If I've had a few to drink maybe it would be easier to get in that ball and also easier to open up my wallet, but at that point I'd probably sooner hit the Sky Coaster.
(10-27-2015, 04:49 PM)cbusylol Wrote: Spinning rides never bugged me until I was about 15, when I fell ill to one of those smaller ones that put you in a room and moves the floor up and down at Magic Mountain. Since then they are not enjoyable to me and will generally rattle me for the rest of the day. So this means rides like Screamer are definitely a no-go, Air Race (I hadn't even known it existed TBH), and most likely The Samurai (though from others' posts I sound too tall for it). I've never vomited but it's unpleasant. My last trip to Frightmares on Sunday I did do the Music Xpress with my girlfriend and even that rung my bell a little, thankfully it was the last ride of the night.

I won't do The Bat because I think it's exceptionally lame. Cliffhanger for the same reasons many won't, because I don't want to get soaked. The Catapult is iffy for me since I've seen too many Internet videos, and the cost. If I've had a few to drink maybe it would be easier to get in that ball and also easier to open up my wallet, but at that point I'd probably sooner hit the Sky Coaster.
In Regards to Catapult, a Funtime Industries Sling Shot, like Catapult, with the Spring Machine and Steel Cables, has never been involved in an Incident featured online. Catapult is much like Sky Coaster in regards to Safety, meaning you are more likely to die in an Air Crash from a Gremlin Taking out an Engine. Wink

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
Coaster Credits: 96
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island