2009 Lagoon Park Job Fair and Employment Q&A
Welcome to the 2009 Lagoon Park Job Fair and Employment Q&A Topic!

This topic has been created to announce the 2009 Lagoon Job Fair Dates and for General Questions Regarding Employment at Lagoon. Many Questions could be answered by Current Lagoon Employees and Alumni or by visiting Lagoon's Official Jobs Webpage.

2009 Season Job Fair Dates:

Tuesday, March 10, 2009
Farmington Junior High School
150 S. 200 W.
Farmington, Utah
4:00pm - 7:00pm

Saturday, March 14, 2009
Farmington Junior High School
150 S. 200 W.
Farmington, Utah
10:00am - 1:00pm

A List of Available Positions and Employment Requirements can be found on Lagoon's Official Jobs Webpage and Additional Information by E-Mailing Lagoon at jobs@lagoonpark.com , or by Calling 801-451-8001.

Helpful Links:
Lagoon's Official Jobs Webpage
Lagoon's Official Live Entertainment Auditions and Interviews Webage

This Post will be Updated as Information becomes Available.
WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
Coaster Credits: 96
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
Hey, can anyone help me out with Lagoon's jobs? I don't know what most of them are. I am thinking about working at Lagoon this year and I need to know what department to work in. Please post a brief (or long) description about the duties of every department you know of. Here is the list I would like to know things about:

Grounds Attendant
Landscaping
Rides Attendant
Group Food Service
Merchandising
Ride Operator
LAB Deck Hand
Warehouse

Thanks!
Grounds Attendant - garbage
Landscaping - gardening
Rides Attendant - ticket taker
Group Food Service - food service work
Merchandising - sell stuff
Ride Operator - operate rides
LAB Deck Hand - ticket taker for the beach
Warehouse - work in the warehouse
A man would rather have a good scare over good advice.

you forgot games!!!

Games-best department!
Bud45 Wrote: you forgot games!!!

Games-best department!

I knew about games, that's one I just wouldn't want to do Happy

skwid Wrote: Grounds Attendant - garbage
Landscaping - gardening

Thanks! Do you (or anyone) know the job(s) with the least amount of guest interaction?
Katun Wrote:

Thanks! Do you (or anyone) know the job(s) with the least amount of guest interaction?

Thats why you dont want games!! I would think its landscaping i hardly ever see them on the park while guest are on the park. I mostly see them in the morning before the park opens, i have seen then after closing a few times.
Bud45 Wrote: Thats why you dont want games!! I would think its landscaping i hardly ever see them on the park while guest are on the park. I mostly see them in the morning before the park opens, i have seen then after closing a few times.

So the "landscapers" water gardens and..... anything else?
Bud45 Wrote: you forgot games!!!

Games-best department!
I will not allow this topic to be turned into another Department A is Better than Department B fiasco! Laugh

Katun Wrote: So the "landscapers" water gardens and..... anything else?
Anything that would be associated with "Landscaping." Laugh The Work Description for Landscaping Crews would include Mowing Lawns, Watering Gardens/Plants/Grass/etc., Pruning, Trimming, Weeding, Planting, and other Horticultural Activities. Wink
WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
Coaster Credits: 96
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
skwid Wrote: Grounds Attendant - garbage
Landscaping - gardening

Beach deck hands also do cleanup. Rides attendants also do things like lapbar checks, and enabling.
Cannibal Count: 20
linearinduction Wrote: Anything that would be associated with "Landscaping." Laugh The Work Description for Landscaping Crews would include Mowing Lawns, Watering Gardens/Plants/Grass/etc., Pruning, Trimming, Weeding, Planting, and other Horticultural Activities. Wink

^ Thanks! ^

Does this department work during park hours?
...also...
Do the ride operators only operate rides? (none of this restraint checking, or queue line monitoring... right?)