The old stories of the old Wild Mouse (and other things)
Hold up, I have two stories saying that on the old Wild Mouse, a car did come off the track. One from my father and one from my sister. My father says that he was there when it happened and my sister says that my sister's friend's mother's cousin died from that car. I will search up the date if I can and see if this actually is true.
If you can prove it I'll buy you a season pass next year.
Roller Wrote: My father says that he was there when it happened and my sister says that my sister's friend's mother's cousin died from that car.

Wow, you know my brother in law's, sister in law's, mother's, stepfather's, freind's, cousin's, uncle's, aunt's, grandmother's, boss', wife's, employee's, mistress said that she saw a UFO land on the midway at lagoon, then probe all of the top management team removing their brains right through their Censored, right there in front of everyone.  :o I think that does explain them though.  Happy  Notserious Sarcasm
Seriously though, if you have ever visited snopes.com, or breakthechain.org you will notice that all fake emails always start with a bunch of people that you have never met saying they saw it. For the story to be true you need unarguable truth and facts; you dates, times, at least two to three eyewitnesses that do not know each other, and any type of recorded proof would add the icing on the cake. I'm telling you no one has been killed on Wild Mouse, new or old.
A man would rather have a good scare over good advice.
[Image: mba-badge-purple.jpg]

jetstar2 Wrote: If you can prove it I'll buy you a season pass next year.

And I'll buy him all his food/drink for the year too. Tongue
Cannibal Count: 20
jetstar2 Wrote: If you can prove it I'll buy you a season pass next year.
I'm going to hold you up to this. I haven't found anything yet, but I'll keep trying.
Roller Wrote: I'm going to hold you up to this. I haven't found anything yet, but I'll keep trying.

:Smile Good luck, as soon as I find my pot o' gold the next time a rainbow ends in my backyard I will share it with you also.
A man would rather have a good scare over good advice.
[Image: mba-badge-purple.jpg]

To feed more rumors here is a story of a real fatality on a coaster very similar to the Wild Mouse.  

http://www.cnn.com/US/9908/29/rollercoas...index.html

This ride is called Wild Wonder.  I am certain that Sid will chime in with any inaccuracies.  I am not sure if this is the same ride as wild mouse.  

Reading this story freaks me out.  You really have to hope that the anti-rollback measures work.  Who here can imagine hitting that corner after coming down the hill backwards?  You can almost accept a injury if the person is trying to deliberately bypass the safety features of the ride.  But when the people just get on the ride and it malfunctions, that is a scary thought.  

Cheers Smile
What are we doing for dinner?
^ I'm guessing that was the Zamperla(?) mouse coaster whose anti-rollbacks failed. I think that was one of the reasons Lagoon went with the double anti-rollbacks on Wild Mouse.
Cannibal Count: 20
pennyfarmer Wrote: To feed more rumors here is a story of a real fatality on a coaster very similar to the Wild Mouse.  

http://www.cnn.com/US/9908/29/rollercoas...index.html

This ride is called Wild Wonder.  I am certain that Sid will chime in with any inaccuracies.  I am not sure if this is the same ride as wild mouse.  

Reading this story freaks me out.  You really have to hope that the anti-rollback measures work.  Who here can imagine hitting that corner after coming down the hill backwards?  You can almost accept a injury if the person is trying to deliberately bypass the safety features of the ride.  But when the people just get on the ride and it malfunctions, that is a scary thought.  

Cheers Smile
Wild Wonder was Zig Zag Coaster Manufactured by Zamperla of Italy. After the Accident, it was Moved from Gillian's Wonderland Pier in New Jersey to Magic Springs & Crystal Falls in Arkansas where it received new Trains and reopened as Twist 'N' Shout in 2000.

Jordan Wrote: ^ I'm guessing that was the Zamperla(?) mouse coaster whose anti-rollbacks failed. I think that was one of the reasons Lagoon went with the double anti-rollbacks on Wild Mouse.
You Are Correct! Lagoon did add Double Anti Rollbacks to Wild Mouse even though it IS NOT the same Model or Manufacturer as Wild Wonder.
WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
Coaster Credits: 96
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
Well I can't find anything. Shocking, I know. I haven't given up yet, though, becuase I think that if I get the name and date of death of my sister's friend's mother's cousin, then I probably would get a better chance, but not gonna get my hopes up. :-\