Saltair Resort
(04-18-2017, 03:28 PM)UtahCoasterEnth Wrote: Just asking a general question but what are some of the info you are hoping the documentary covers?

Designer/Builder of the Coasters, Builder of the Carousel and it's Disposition, and a complete list of rides, besides the Whip.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
Coaster Credits: 96
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
(04-18-2017, 03:36 PM)linearinduction Wrote: Designer/Builder of the Coasters, Builder of the Carousel and it's Disposition, and a complete list of rides, besides the Whip.

Good expectations. While the documentary is focused on the coasters the other rides are mentioned and a few rare pictures will be show as well. The designer/ builders of the coasters is a definite part of the documentary.
[Image: 63b8acec93efb554cba7644d62fa3a0c.png]

Expert on SALTAIR -- The Coney Island of the West
(04-19-2017, 08:26 AM)UtahCoasterEnth Wrote: Good expectations. While the documentary is focused on the coasters the other rides are mentioned and a few rare pictures will be show as well. The designer/ builders of the coasters is a definite part of the documentary.

Yay!

WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
Lost this day 92 years ago. The Reverser Roller Coaster and Saltair I Pavilion. The Lost Coasters of Saltair. A Utah Coaster Enthusiasts Documentary coming soon!

(01-13-2017, 12:56 PM)Brăden Wrote: There were tons of resorts along the shore. The only one that survived is the one that moved inland.

This wasn't the case as there were several resorts in the city limits of Salt Lake City having no connection to the lake that also met with disaster or ended up shutting down. One of them is now a Golf Course. Lagoon just had the best location as the modes of travel evolved.

I meant the only resort out of the ones on the lake.
(05-02-2017, 02:52 PM)UtahCoasterEnth Wrote: This wasn't the case as there were several resorts in the city limits of Salt Lake City having no connection to the lake that also met with disaster or ended up shutting down. One of them is now a Golf Course. Lagoon just had the best location as the modes of travel evolved.

Everyone knows about Waldmeer Park...it's the worst kept "secret," thanks BRADEN! lol

You're welcome?

Also, I think you mean Wandamere, not Waldmeer.
http://archive.sltrib.com/story.php?ref=...t.html.csp

Majestic Park is the one I wrote about a few years ago.
http://lagoonhistory.com/project/majestic-park/
(05-03-2017, 01:35 PM)Brăden Wrote: You're welcome?

Also, I think you mean Wandamere, not Waldmeer.
http://archive.sltrib.com/story.php?ref=...t.html.csp

Majestic Park is the one I wrote about a few years ago.
http://lagoonhistory.com/project/majestic-park/

And before it was called Wandamere it was called Calder's Park.

Interesting about Majestic Park. "a 300-foot replica of the Eiffel Tower" Pretty cool. Makes me think of Kings Island.

I've been looking for pictures of the Salt Palace's Scenic Railway but haven't found any yet. But I doubt any exist as it opened in 1906 and then Salt Palace burned in 1910 and it either was lost in the fire or torn down after that.

It would be pretty cool if some of these or all still existed.

I couldn't find anything about it ever being built.