Saltair Resort

The Lost Coasters of Saltair Trailer 1

Nowadays people in Utah only know of Lagoon as the state’s only amusement park. Most people in Utah have heard of Saltair but do not know that it had roller coasters and that its first roller coaster was built in 1915, predating Lagoon’s by about six years. Saltair has been gone for almost 60 years now. There is a building out near the original site called Saltair III but it is a bad 1980’s attempt at rekindling what the Great Saltair once was. In this documentary, I will be going over what we know about the three separate roller coasters Saltair. The first two coasters info is scarce and not many pictures exist about them but the last of the three coasters the Giant Racer (this was the 2nd coaster to have the same name at Saltair) I have found a former ride operator and mechanic of the ride.  By meeting with him, I was able to clear up many things about the ride such as accidents, ride operation, layout of the ride and general statics about the ride that nobody else knows. With this knowledge, I have used No Limits Roller Coaster Simulator to recreate an almost 100% accurate to the real ride and will include it as part of this documentary.  Also the will be two never before seen pictures of the Giant Racer. Stay Tuned!

I will post updates as this project progresses. If anyone would like to help out, with filming, production or with info and pictures all would be appreciated.
[Image: 63b8acec93efb554cba7644d62fa3a0c.png]

Expert on SALTAIR -- The Coney Island of the West
Should be good.
(03-09-2017, 11:00 AM)Brăden Wrote: Should be good.

This is a preview how the recreation is coming along. The station is exactly as it was on the ride. At the end of its life.

[Image: GR%20Classic%20Vs%20Recreation%20March%2...q4cmct.png]

Just a quick comparison. The ride is 95% done.

Good job! Looks really accurate. Is this like Forensik Anthropology only with Roller Coasters? (sorry, I'm a fan of Bones...LOL!!  Laugh )
(03-16-2017, 09:24 AM)gregwibert Wrote: Good job! Looks really accurate. Is this like Forensik Anthropology only with Roller Coasters? (sorry, I'm a fan of Bones...LOL!!  Laugh )

You could say that. Especially with how there is a lot of myth out there being presented as fact when it comes to Saltair. This has been very interesting digging up info.

(03-08-2017, 02:14 PM)UtahCoasterEnth Wrote:

The Lost Coasters of Saltair Trailer 1

Nowadays people in Utah only know of Lagoon as the state’s only amusement park. Most people in Utah have heard of Saltair but do not know that it had roller coasters and that its first roller coaster was built in 1915, predating Lagoon’s by about six years. Saltair has been gone for almost 60 years now. There is a building out near the original site called Saltair III but it is a bad 1980’s attempt at rekindling what the Great Saltair once was. In this documentary, I will be going over what we know about the three separate roller coasters Saltair. The first two coasters info is scarce and not many pictures exist about them but the last of the three coasters the Giant Racer (this was the 2nd coaster to have the same name at Saltair) I have found a former ride operator and mechanic of the ride.  By meeting with him, I was able to clear up many things about the ride such as accidents, ride operation, layout of the ride and general statics about the ride that nobody else knows. With this knowledge, I have used No Limits Roller Coaster Simulator to recreate an almost 100% accurate to the real ride and will include it as part of this documentary.  Also the will be two never before seen pictures of the Giant Racer. Stay Tuned!

I will post updates as this project progresses. If anyone would like to help out, with filming, production or with info and pictures all would be appreciated.
In Utah History in 7th Grade, Saltair was talked about, while Lagoon, Lake Park, Saratoga Springs, Waldmeer Park, the Amusement Park in Morgan, nor the other Resorts on the Great Salt Lake were mentioned by name. I'm very much looking forward to this project Ian, as there is very little information on these lost coasters, including builders.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
Coaster Credits: 96
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
[Image: Final%20LCOS%20BANNER%20Update%20Stamped...xwijng.png]

Update March 30, 2017:

Now there will also be included a No Limits recreation of the Giant Racer I in addition to the recreation of Giant Racer II . Some digging has uncovered information to make a recreation of the first Giant Racer a possibility. More to come! Stay Tuned!

Sounds cool!
Just asking a general question but what are some of the info you are hoping the documentary covers?