Saltair Resort
[Image: GR%20Progress%20Feb%201%202017_zpspycqrmfb.png]

Track work is done on the ride. Now the supports need much more work. Colors are also not final, but I kind of like this color scheme so we will see.
[Image: 63b8acec93efb554cba7644d62fa3a0c.png]

Expert on SALTAIR -- The Coney Island of the West
Looking good!
I'm excited to see the final product. Always wondered what it would be like to ride Saltair's coaster.
There was a horror movie filmed out at Saltair soon after is had closed down in 1959. The movie is cheesy and kinda weird but the shots of Saltair I found interesting. The coaster isn't featured as it blew over in 1957.

here is a Link if you interested in watching the whole movie. Saltair is featured first at about 47 minutes in and then at the end of the movie as well.

Yep. Bought the DVD years ago. Worth it.
Rifftrax just released their Riff of this too!

I watched a little of it. It's definitely creepy with the organ music. It has a Rod Serling / Twilight Zone feel to it...before modern special effects took the place of story content. Great shots of Saltair!

Thanks for the RiffTRAX Will. LOL
Haha. That RiffTrax thing was funny, but what was all that stuff at the end? Wasn't from the movie. Oh well. The bus depot in the movie was the same one in use in Salt Lake in 2003. I think I spent an hour or two there and when I later saw it in this film, I could relate to the nightmare-ish overtones!

This is a cool drone video showing the location of Saltair.

[Image: Sunset%20Shot%20Feb%2014%202017_zpskfaxlweo.png]

Progress report Feb 14, 2017. The track work is done. After doing some more research I concluded it needed more track work to make it more accurate to the real ride. This coaster is going to be a part of a park named Saltair IV. It will have rides and buildings based on old Saltair and will have a Saltair feel but it will be its own park with new rides and attractions as well. Not meant to be out where Saltair was but it could end up being out there but haven't decided yet. More progress reports to come.