Saltair Resort
If your goin to burn a coaster take down the spider lol
Kiddies, say goodbye to the Bat!
Member of Lagoon Games Department 2010-2011
Duct Wrote: If your goin to burn a coaster take down the spider lol

What?
Coaster Wrote: Rcdb says that there was also a reverser roller coaster there designed by Frank F. Hoover that burned down in the 1925 fire. It also says that there was another roller coaster named Space Coaster that opened in 1982 and probably closed when the lake flooded in 1984. Is there any information about these?
I haven't found any proof of the "Spinning" Roller Coaster named Reverser. I some how doubt there was a Roller Coaster IN the Airplane Hanger that is Saltair. RCDB is about as accurate as a Crystal Ball! lol

[quote author=FireDragon link=topic=2557.msg19679#msg19679 date=1200976699]
Can anyone confirm that the old Wheel from Lagoon is at Liberty Park???
WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
Coaster Credits: 96
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
linearinduction Wrote: Some of the Rides Saltair had a were a Ferris Wheel, Circle Swing, Flying Scooters, Whip, Carousel, and many Children's Rides. I believe the Ferris Wheel, Kiddie Rides, and Carousel are now Located in Salt Lake City's Liberty Park.
Sid, if I'm not mistaken, I belive Saltair also had [while not a "ride" per se, still an "attraction"] a racing (aka "side-by-side") luge/waterslide.
DragonTamer Wrote: Sid, if I'm not mistaken, I belive Saltair also had [while not a "ride" per se, still an "attraction"] a racing (aka "side-by-side") luge/waterslide.

The Slide Tower was at the NEW Saltair, not the Old Saltairs. Wink
WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
linearinduction Wrote: The Slide Tower was at the NEW Saltair, not the Old Saltairs. Wink
I'm *pretty* sure I've seen pictures of the OLD Saltair with one too...
Here is my little connection to Saltair.

A few years ago when Salt Lake was receding quickly it give some of us treasure hunters a unique opportunity.
What are we doing for dinner?
Wow, that is AWESOME PennyFarmer! Smile
Oh man, I wish I was there.
"Life is a rollercoaster. Try to eat a light lunch."

--David A. Schmaltz