Roping the Park off
I remember visiting the park last year and seeing the gates open about 15 minutes early. I thought that was nice because it seemed that Lagoon always tried to open the gates early when I worked there. But I was kind of shocked to find that there were ropes keeping people in this small area of the main midway until park opening. Is Lagoon going to do this again this year?
I think that Lagoon was thinking that if they moved people through the gates and into that part of the park there wouldn't be as large of a crowd trying to get in. Personally I think that they ought to have the shops, games, and food stands open along that part of the Midway when they let people in that early.
Ya I like seeing the group when the ropes are removed running toward the rides its funny. Just like cattle LOL
All I know is that it drove me crazy. As a former employee I understood why they did that. Made good sense to me. But as a guest I was a little upset that I was let into the park only to find that I really wasn't allowed to do anything.
Ya i can see your point Velcro and agree there i have seen lots of guests mad about it. So maybe Lagoon could just leave people outside and let them run in. Pros and cons either way though
If most people are like me then the opening of the gates means that the park is open. To find that it isn't so is kind of deceiving.
Anonymous Wrote:Besides...its just a wimpy rope. Whats to keep people from ducking under or crossing over the rope? I don't recall seeing security in the area when I saw the rest of the Midway Roped off like that.

This was from me...forgot to log in on the machine at work.
At the main points there are Security guards but they can't be everywhere
I was looking for a REALLY old topic to bump for Old Discussion Week. I'll just say, I agree with this comment.

(05-12-2005, 08:04 PM)lagoonfreek Wrote: I think that Lagoon was thinking that if they moved people through the gates and into that part of the park there wouldn't be as large of a crowd trying to get in. Personally I think that they ought to have the shops, games, and food stands open along that part of the Midway when they let people in that early.

It is kind of nice to have a place to sit down while you wait though!