Lagoon Is Fun
2017 to 2018 Off Season - Printable Version

+- Lagoon Is Fun (http://www.lagoonisfun.com)
+-- Forum: Lagoon (http://www.lagoonisfun.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Photos & Videos (http://www.lagoonisfun.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: 2017 to 2018 Off Season (/showthread.php?tid=5729)

2017 to 2018 Off Season - Willenator - 12-02-2017

I guess it is time to start a top for photos/videos we capture of Lagoon during the off season. Shane and Greg have been wandering around the Lagoon trail and sending me pictures. I thought I'd turn around and get them online for everyone to see.

RE: 2017 to 2018 Off Season - gregwibert - 12-02-2017

I was surprised/sad to see Hydro tower still in place.

We also see evidence of water lines running toward Pioneer Village. They were filling Log Flume via fire hose toward the end of last season so we are wondering if repairs are going to fix that.

RE: 2017 to 2018 Off Season - jetstar2 - 12-02-2017

(12-02-2017, 05:06 PM)gregwibert Wrote: I was surprised/sad to see Hydro tower still in place.

We also see evidence of water lines running toward Pioneer Village. They were filling Log Flume via fire hose toward the end of last season so we are wondering if repairs are going to fix that.

I think that all the pipes you see in these images, both big and small, are electrical conduit and not water lines.

RE: 2017 to 2018 Off Season - DragonTamer - 12-03-2017

(12-02-2017, 07:51 PM)jetstar2 Wrote: I think that all the pipes you see in these images, both big and small, are electrical conduit and not water lines.

Indeed.  Those look like conduits to me, not water pipes.  Makes sense considering all of the new electricity they're going to need up north.

RE: 2017 to 2018 Off Season - linearinduction - 12-03-2017

Except, Lagoon already ran new power from the co-gen to the North end, and to the new thingy by Cannibal. This would bisect the line at a 45 degree angle. Z could probably clarify what is going on. It also appears to be the same diameter of conduit Lagoon ran from the transformer thingy by game time, to the planter between Scrambler and Tilt circa 2008/2009.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

RE: 2017 to 2018 Off Season - Z - 12-04-2017

(12-03-2017, 11:22 PM)linearinduction Wrote: Except, Lagoon already ran new power from the co-gen to the North end, and to the new thingy by Cannibal. This would bisect the line at a 45 degree angle. Z could probably clarify what is going on. It also appears to be the same diameter of conduit Lagoon ran from the transformer thingy by game time, to the planter between Scrambler and Tilt circa 2008/2009.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

It is conduit. The small ones look like they are in the campground and are probably feeding individual camp sites. I haven't ever camped there, so I don't know if there were power feeds at every site or not, but This looks like it's hitting areas where there were no feeds.

The big ones are more complicated. It could be multiple pulls for communications. It could also be a large conduit for a large draw feed. Usually, you want to have multiple redundant power feeds, so if one goes down, you don't lose everything. However, RMP has stopped requiring running some high voltage feeds in conduit (which I think is weird), though if Lagoon were doing the work, they may not want to follow that path, since eventually conductor goes bad. If I had to guess though, the big pipes are for a single big conductor.

-Z