Lagoon Is Fun
S&S Sansei new prototype.... - Printable Version

+- Lagoon Is Fun (http://www.lagoonisfun.com)
+-- Forum: Other Stuff (http://www.lagoonisfun.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Utah Attractions (http://www.lagoonisfun.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Thread: S&S Sansei new prototype.... (/showthread.php?tid=5710)

S&S Sansei new prototype.... - UtahCoasterEnth - 10-26-2017

Looks like S&S is looking into a monorail coaster type too. Looks like the old Arrow steeplechase coaster. I wonder if this will be powered like the Maurer one at Skyline Park.

[attachment=668][attachment=669][attachment=670][attachment=671]

RE: S&S Sansei new prototype.... - linearinduction - 10-26-2017

Or, perhaps, one of the tracks on Steeplechase at Blackpool has to be altered for Icon?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

RE: S&S Sansei new prototype.... - Willenator - 10-27-2017

I saw the track too and was wondering what it was for.

RE: S&S Sansei new prototype.... - UtahCoasterEnth - 10-27-2017

(10-26-2017, 09:58 PM)linearinduction Wrote: Or, perhaps, one of the tracks on Steeplechase at Blackpool has to be altered for Icon?

That is an interesting theory.

RE: S&S Sansei new prototype.... - UtahCoasterEnth - 10-30-2017

Not a new ride but

[attachment=679]

Reviving an Arrow Classic. I like it!

RE: S&S Sansei new prototype.... - linearinduction - 10-30-2017

Ever been on an Arrow Steeplechase as built??? You wouldn't agree it's great if you had. lol Soap Box Derby Racers at Knott's was amazing....in the sitting position, but Steeplechase at Blackpool ranks as one of my worst Coasters. In fact, I rank both The Big One and Steeplechase below Mean Streak (2009).

I really hope this new vehicle and restraint improve the ride experience and make it enjoyable. Of course, this prototype is being built in America, by American Craftsman, unlike an eventual ride, with Chinese Steel and Chinese "Craftsmanship."

RE: S&S Sansei new prototype.... - UtahCoasterEnth - 10-31-2017

(10-30-2017, 11:28 PM)linearinduction Wrote: Ever been on an Arrow Steeplechase as built??? You wouldn't agree it's great if you had. lol Soap Box Derby Racers at Knott's was amazing....in the sitting position, but Steeplechase at Blackpool ranks as one of my worst Coasters. In fact, I rank both The Big One and Steeplechase below Mean Streak (2009).

I really hope this new vehicle and restraint improve the ride experience and make it enjoyable. Of course, this prototype is being built in America, by American Craftsman, unlike an eventual ride, with Chinese Steel and Chinese "Craftsmanship."

[attachment=680]

Here is an okay image of the train. I haven't been on a Arrow Steeplechase but its an Arrow so I wouldn't be expecting comfort lol. I'm excited to see what it will do. That's crazy you'd put them below Mean Streak, as Mean Streak was horrid. I doubt the track would be sturdy enough but a winged seat would be cool of these.

RE: S&S Sansei new prototype.... - linearinduction - 10-31-2017

It's still crazy to think that Schwarzkopf was building precision track in the 60s, yet Arrow didn't do that until the very end, in 2001.

I'm very interested to see the ride vehicle and restraints.

RE: S&S Sansei new prototype.... - UtahCoasterEnth - 01-07-2018

I had a chance recently to get a close look at the prototype. More to come but this image was taken with permission given from S&S Worldwide.

RE: S&S Sansei new prototype.... - UtahCoasterEnth - 01-12-2018