Lagoon Is Fun
Seance Summary *Spoilers* - Printable Version

+- Lagoon Is Fun (http://www.lagoonisfun.com)
+-- Forum: Lagoon (http://www.lagoonisfun.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Live Entertainment (http://www.lagoonisfun.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Seance Summary *Spoilers* (/showthread.php?tid=5704)

Pages: 1 2 3

Seance Summary *Spoilers* - CoastersN'Stuff - 09-29-2017

I havnt had the chance to experience seance yet. Was just wondering if anyone could post a more in-depth summary of it in this topic.

RE: Seance Summary *Spoilers* - linearinduction - 09-29-2017

Isn't a Seance self explanatory, or do I need to link to the Oxford Dictionary? lol j/k

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

RE: Seance Summary *Spoilers* - Brăden - 09-30-2017

I watched it, but I don't want to talk about it. I'll just say... I think some sprits latched on to me when I was there. I keep getting little manifestations of paranormal activity...

RE: Seance Summary *Spoilers* - Willenator - 09-30-2017

I would hate to spoil the show for anyone even with the spoiler warning. I think it is better for people to experience it in person. I will provide a small synopsis for the show if that helps: you are part of a seance where a professor tries to make contact with a spirit that has latched itself onto a doll. You can see this doll, the Professor, and a some of the other props from the show in the commercial for Seance that Lagoon posted to YouTube: https://youtu.be/Wfa8yMHrhig

The show uses a mixture of live actors and special effects to create the experience. The production on this was top notch in my opinion. If you have the money, go see it. You won't be disappointed. Some of the conversations surrounding the show were fascinating. I found out they've had some people in tears by the end of one of the performances.

Each show will have up to 37 participants. 4 people are picked prior to entering to the show to be the participants in the seance. The remaining group sit on a small set of bleachers. I also overheard some of the employees talking while waiting to get my tickets. It sounds like they are now enforcing an age limit on ticket purchases. I did not hear what the limit was, but they really don't want kids in the show.

RE: Seance Summary *Spoilers* - gregwibert - 09-30-2017

The ticket you purchase for Seance has the words "Can you keep a secret?"...........

Definitely try to sit in the center section of the bleachers, lower if possible. Of course the best seat in the house is around the table but only 4 lucky individuals get that privilege. Audience participation is highly encouraged.

RE: Seance Summary *Spoilers* - crooks.mark - 10-01-2017

Went to séance tonight and it was awesome. I couldn't (not to disparage Lagoon) believe I was at Lagoon. It makes me wonder what plans they have. I can't believe that they would build that complicated of a theatre just for frightmares.

RE: Seance Summary *Spoilers* - jetstar2 - 10-01-2017

(10-01-2017, 01:37 AM)crooks.mark Wrote: Went to séance tonight and it was awesome. I couldn't (not to disparage Lagoon) believe I was at Lagoon. It makes me wonder what plans they have. I can't believe that they would build that complicated of a theatre just for frightmares.

There's no reason seance couldn't run all year long. It's arguably within the concept and boundaries of the 'x-venture zone'.

Lagoon didn't create it. They hired the same outside creative director for Seance, Terroride re-imagined and some of their shows.  Lagoon apparently has no dedicated creative director at all. Creative stuff Lagoon does on their own seems to generally come from Pinterest from what I've seen (with the exception of the monument to Mr. Crapper). I do suspect Dracula's Castle will be pretty sweet next summer though.

Oh, and for no reason at all  Wink  I'm just going to mention here my theory that the facade of Dracula's Castle was originally meant to be painted to resemble Bran Castle and/or Corvin Castle, but Bill Tracy died before he could finish it. It's cool how similar in shape the plaza in front of the ride is to the shape of Bran Castle's courtyard.

RE: Seance Summary *Spoilers* - Willenator - 10-01-2017

Since the bad weather returned this weekend, I have decided to start a rumor that the bad weather is the result of Lagoon calling forth evil spirits in Seance.

RE: Seance Summary *Spoilers* - gregwibert - 10-01-2017

(10-01-2017, 08:53 AM)Willenator Wrote: Since the bad weather returned this weekend, I have decided to start a rumor that the bad weather is the result of Lagoon calling forth evil spirits in Seance.

Win

Agreed!

RE: Seance Summary *Spoilers* - 1stRainbowRose - 10-01-2017

Guys... This show... My heart... Go see it!