Lagoon Is Fun
Live Entertainment 2017 - Printable Version

+- Lagoon Is Fun (http://www.lagoonisfun.com)
+-- Forum: Lagoon (http://www.lagoonisfun.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Live Entertainment (http://www.lagoonisfun.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Live Entertainment 2017 (/showthread.php?tid=5614)

Live Entertainment 2017 - Spy Hunter - 03-16-2017

Still trying to figure out what lagoon has in plans for the night show for this year, on there web page hiring for sax player, cello and a trumpet also they want singers, dancers and tap dancing.   I'm thinkin maybe something along lines of maybe Chicago????   What does everyone think about this and the route they are going this year????

RE: Live Entertainment 2017 - DragonTamer - 03-17-2017

Frankly, it wouldn't draw my attention too much. I mean, the shows are rarely a huge draw for me, but that one especially? Eh, not so much. And I'm even a musical theater fan, so, yeah. Just, eh.

Y'know, I really wish they could find a way to have a second show up in Pioneer Village, but make it something period-appropriate. For instance, I'd TOTALLY love to go watch an old Vaudeville-style show in a PV venue.

But I think the show that would absolutely be 100% guaranteed to get my attention, even at Carousel Theater? Big Band. If I ever invent a time machine, I'm going back to Lagoon in the '40s and watching Glenn Miller play (I think Glenn Miller played Lagoon at least once, right? I know some of the recognizable Big Bands did...)

RE: Live Entertainment 2017 - Z - 03-17-2017

(03-17-2017, 12:01 AM)DragonTamer Wrote: Frankly, it wouldn't draw my attention too much.  I mean, the shows are rarely a huge draw for me, but that one especially?  Eh, not so much.  And I'm even a musical theater fan, so, yeah.  Just, eh.

Y'know, I really wish they could find a way to have a second show up in Pioneer Village, but make it something period-appropriate.  For instance, I'd TOTALLY love to go watch an old Vaudeville-style show in a PV venue.

But I think the show that would absolutely be 100% guaranteed to get my attention, even at Carousel Theater?  Big Band.  If I ever invent a time machine, I'm going back to Lagoon in the '40s and watching Glenn Miller play (I think Glenn Miller played Lagoon at least once, right?  I know some of the recognizable Big Bands did...)

Glenn Miller did play at Lagoon. I would get the Freed family to pay the Beatles their money and get them to play the patio and then watch the show. They had some really epic concerts at Lagoon in the 1960s.

-Z

RE: Live Entertainment 2017 - DragonTamer - 03-17-2017

(03-17-2017, 10:51 AM)Z Wrote: Glenn Miller did play at Lagoon. I would get the Freed family to pay the Beatles their money and get them to play the patio and then watch the show. They had some really epic concerts at Lagoon in the 1960s.

-Z

I'd totally be down for that, too.

RE: Live Entertainment 2017 - gregwibert - 03-18-2017

Win on both ideas guys! The classics are far better entertainment.

The shows at Lagoon remind me of a high school play/musical put on by cheerleaders. I must admit, they have improved over the last few years to become tolerable.

RE: Live Entertainment 2017 - Z - 03-18-2017

Why don't they bring in a few smaller bands and have some occasional concerts anymore? A little return to roots? The Trib had a spread on some amazing concerts. I can see that being a good draw for pass holders and single ticket sales alike.

RE: Live Entertainment 2017 - Spy Hunter - 03-18-2017

Have found out the names of the shows are verano and jungle rythm.

RE: Live Entertainment 2017 - DragonTamer - 03-18-2017

(03-18-2017, 03:30 PM)Spy Hunter Wrote: Have found out the names of the shows are verano and jungle rythm.

Just beat me to it!  Here's the official info from the 2017 Park Guide: