Lagoon Is Fun
An adventure on the Lagoon trail - Printable Version

+- Lagoon Is Fun (http://www.lagoonisfun.com)
+-- Forum: Lagoon (http://www.lagoonisfun.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Photos & Videos (http://www.lagoonisfun.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: An adventure on the Lagoon trail (/showthread.php?tid=5605)

Pages: 1 2

An adventure on the Lagoon trail - Willenator - 03-06-2017

This was shared to the Lagoon Is Fun Facebook Page. Thought I would share it here too for everyone.

RE: An adventure on the Lagoon trail - Z - 03-07-2017

This was OK, but when he gets to the end and starts talking about the bridges, I wanted to scream that Bamberger was a heavy rail line and the bridges are clearly intended for amusement park trains, since he was almost touching the girders at the top of the bridge! Happy

-Z

RE: An adventure on the Lagoon trail - Willenator - 03-07-2017

I thought the same thing. It made me laugh.

RE: An adventure on the Lagoon trail - Brăden - 03-08-2017

Yeah, a little misinformed about the Bamberger Railroad. It wasn't really dormant until 1990 or whatever he said. The tracks near Lagoon were long gone by then.

RE: An adventure on the Lagoon trail - Z - 03-08-2017

(03-08-2017, 11:12 AM)Brăden Wrote: Yeah, a little misinformed about the Bamberger Railroad. It wasn't really dormant until 1990 or whatever he said. The tracks near Lagoon were long gone by then.

Right... any tracks back there were from Old Ironsides (PV Railroad), which was destroyed by the floods of 83/84. It was a no-man's zone after then until development of Lagoon A Beach pushed the park to make a deal with the City on the abandonment of Lagoon Lane, with the addition of the Lagoon Trail to compensate. The trail has been a treasure in the City, pushing Farmington to get very progressive about trail development in the area. My favorite trail in the city visits the site of the old Lakeside Park, along the shore of the Great Salt Lake.

-Z

RE: An adventure on the Lagoon trail - Willenator - 03-08-2017

(03-08-2017, 11:52 AM)Z Wrote: My favorite trail in the city visits the site of the old Lakeside Park, along the shore of the Great Salt Lake.

I need to find that one then. I think that would be fun.

RE: An adventure on the Lagoon trail - Z - 03-08-2017

(03-08-2017, 12:56 PM)Willenator Wrote: I need to find that one then. I think that would be fun.

Nothing really to see of the old park except the ponds. It is called the Buffalo Ranches trail and starts right at the end of Clark Lane at the entrance to Buffalo Ranches. It goes all the way to the radar tower on Glover Lane.

-Z

RE: An adventure on the Lagoon trail - Willenator - 03-08-2017

I wasn't expecting to see anything really, but I like finding new trails around the area.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

RE: An adventure on the Lagoon trail - UtahCoasterEnth - 03-08-2017

Part 2 just posted.

RE: An adventure on the Lagoon trail - Brăden - 03-09-2017

(03-08-2017, 01:01 PM)Z Wrote: Nothing really to see of the old park except the ponds. It is called the Buffalo Ranches trail and starts right at the end of Clark Lane at the entrance to Buffalo Ranches. It goes all the way to the radar tower on Glover Lane.

-Z
I highly recommend this trail. It's a great escape from the megalopolis. You never realize how noisy and crowded it is until you go out to places like this.

You can kind of tell where the old railroad spur was because one of the ponds follows a big curve on one side.

Edit: just watched the second video. I wondered if he would point out the biggest piece of remaining evidence of the old Bamberger Railroad and he thought it was the foundation of a house. I guess it's finally time to put together a history about this stuff. Also did anyone notice that his script guy got into the shot? Haha.