Lagoon Is Fun
Lagoon 2017 Photos - Printable Version

+- Lagoon Is Fun (http://www.lagoonisfun.com)
+-- Forum: Lagoon (http://www.lagoonisfun.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Photos & Videos (http://www.lagoonisfun.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Lagoon 2017 Photos (/showthread.php?tid=5588)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Lagoon 2017 Photos - gregwibert - 01-21-2017

Is it depressing to start 2017 Lagoon Photos with this one?

[attachment=561]

RE: Lagoon 2017 Photos - Brăden - 01-21-2017

Naw, Lagoon in the snow is fun too! Don't worry. We're closing in on the 2 month mark.

RE: Lagoon 2017 Photos - UtahCoasterEnth - 01-23-2017

(01-21-2017, 11:19 AM)gregwibert Wrote: Is it depressing to start 2017 Lagoon Photos with this one?

Makes me think about the season I dug out Baby Boats, Tidal Wave and Colossus Exit Ramp out of snow. Fun times!

RE: Lagoon 2017 Photos - DragonTamer - 01-24-2017

(01-23-2017, 04:44 PM)UtahCoasterEnth Wrote: Makes me think about the season I dug out Baby Boats, Tidal Wave and Colossus Exit Ramp out of snow. Fun times!

Makes me think of the winter I spent on my knees on cold concrete helping with Rattlesnake Rapids construction.  Wink  Learned WAY more than I wanted to about installing Hilti fasteners that year.  Also, that African hardwood Intamin uses on the lift... holy $#!+ that stuff is heavy!

Definitely opened a couple of rides in the snow though, too... always feels a bit odd shoveling snow off your ride.  Smile

RE: Lagoon 2017 Photos - Z - 01-24-2017

(01-24-2017, 12:25 AM)DragonTamer Wrote: Makes me think of the winter I spent on my knees on cold concrete helping with Rattlesnake Rapids construction.  Wink  Learned WAY more than I wanted to about installing Hilti fasteners that year.  Also, that African hardwood Intamin uses on the lift... holy $#!+ that stuff is heavy!

Definitely opened a couple of rides in the snow though, too... always feels a bit odd shoveling snow off your ride.  Smile

Which Hilti fasteners did you use? The epoxy anchors are the best with the little bulb, brush and sprayer! Happy

-Z

RE: Lagoon 2017 Photos - DragonTamer - 01-24-2017

(01-24-2017, 01:23 PM)Z Wrote: Which Hilti fasteners did you use? The epoxy anchors are the best with the little bulb, brush and sprayer! Happy

-Z

We actually used a couple, depending on where they were being used. Some of the smaller railings & such we just used a hammer drill and the hammer-in expandable ones, but for larger structures that took more of a thwonk, we used the water-fed core drill followed by the epoxy capsules. Used an air nozzle with a hose to try & blow out the water & debris from the holes after breaking out the core... got a face full of water from that a few times!

Took forEVER to drill holes with that core drill! And there were a lot of them. Wink

RE: Lagoon 2017 Photos - Z - 01-24-2017

(01-24-2017, 01:40 PM)DragonTamer Wrote: We actually used a couple, depending on where they were being used. Some of the smaller railings & such we just used a hammer drill and the hammer-in expandable ones, but for larger structures that took more of a thwonk, we used the water-fed core drill followed by the epoxy capsules. Used an air nozzle with a hose to try & blow out the water & debris from the holes after breaking out the core... got a face full of water from that a few times!

Took forEVER to drill holes with that core drill! And there were a lot of them. Wink

I went to a job site once to investigate an equipment failure where the anchors had pulled out. I noticed lots of concrete around the epoxy that was still bonded to the anchors, but saw other anchors had gone back into the holes they came from or never pulled out in the first place, which was confusing. There were 36 anchors on the project, all of which required 7-9 inches of embedment. I began pulling on anchors to collect them and found that the ones that looked like they had reseated were only about an inch into the concrete! The contractor had encountered rebar while drilling the hole and gave up, placing the anchor and cutting the excess. It was really funny, except that it was also fraud. This was one where it was really two failures in one.

-Z

RE: Lagoon 2017 Photos - gregwibert - 01-25-2017

(01-24-2017, 03:12 PM)Z Wrote: I went to a job site once to investigate an equipment failure where the anchors had pulled out. I noticed lots of concrete around the epoxy that was still bonded to the anchors, but saw other anchors had gone back into the holes they came from or never pulled out in the first place, which was confusing. There were 36 anchors on the project, all of which required 7-9 inches of embedment. I began pulling on anchors to collect them and found that the ones that looked like they had reseated were only about an inch into the concrete! The contractor had encountered rebar while drilling the hole and gave up, placing the anchor and cutting the excess. It was really funny, except that it was also fraud. This was one where it was really two failures in one.

-Z

Wow  Shocked

What would you normally do if you encountered rebar? Just wondering...

Snow shoveling the rides sounds pretty awesome guys! LOL

Lagoon 2017 Photos - Brăden - 02-28-2017

Noticed they have Sky Ride gondolas up now. Seems kinda early.

RE: Lagoon 2017 Photos - Willenator - 02-28-2017

Does it seem early? The park opens in less than a month. Trainings should be underway or starting very soon.