Lagoon Is Fun
Wishful Thinking: Holiday Event at Lagoon - Printable Version

+- Lagoon Is Fun (http://www.lagoonisfun.com)
+-- Forum: Lagoon (http://www.lagoonisfun.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Lagoon Discussion (http://www.lagoonisfun.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Wishful Thinking: Holiday Event at Lagoon (/showthread.php?tid=5582)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Wishful Thinking: Holiday Event at Lagoon - UtahCoasterEnth - 12-09-2016

I would just like some kind of Christmas celebration at the park. I think they used to do a Pioneer Christmas back in the villages years ago.

RE: Opening Weekend - gregwibert - 12-09-2016

(12-09-2016, 09:21 AM)UtahCoasterEnth Wrote: I would just like some kind of Christmas celebration at the park. I think they used to do a Pioneer Christmas back in the villages years ago.

Definitely! Hot chocolate, photos with Santa and Reindeer, walking around Pioneer Village with snow everywhere. For an up-charge, you could have your family photo with Santa / Reindeer converted to Christmas cards, etc.

Seems like they would get a lot of interest from the general public.

RE: Opening Weekend - Brăden - 12-09-2016

Yeah, I think it only happened one year in the early 90s. Might not have had enough attendance, but I bet that would change now. It wouldn't disrupt offseason maintenance a whole lot that time of year if it's just in PV. But maybe they could just do it every 3 or 5 years to make it more of a special event.

RE: Opening Weekend - CPrider - 12-09-2016

The funny thing is Seven Peaks Waterpark in Provo does a Christmas Festival and it's crowded every single night.
Lagoon could easily open up and make a killing. Obviously they would have limited attractions. But they could open up Friday nights at 4:30-9:00
Saterday 3:00-9:00
Sundays 3:00-9:00
Christmas break 3:00-9:00
You could open up Terror ride with a Christmas layover.
I would also open up
Carousel
Train
Speedway Junior
Dragonfly
Helicopters
Scallywags
Bulgy
Moonrake
Jumping dragon
Tipsy tea cups
Rock o plane

With weather permitting

Roller coaster
Spider
Wild mouse
Fire dragon
Music express
Sky ride
Red Rock Rally

I would try to open up the south end and kitty land and fence off the North End.

RE: Opening Weekend - DragonTamer - 12-09-2016

(12-09-2016, 01:53 PM)CPrider Wrote: The funny thing is Seven Peaks Waterpark in Provo does a Christmas Festival and it's crowded every single night.
Lagoon could easily open up and make a killing. Obviously they would have limited attractions. But they could open up Friday nights at 4:30-9:00
Saterday 3:00-9:00
Sundays 3:00-9:00
Christmas break 3:00-9:00
You could open up Terror ride with a Christmas layover.
I would also open up
Carousel
Train
Speedway Junior
Dragonfly
Helicopters
Scallywags
Bulgy
Moonrake
Jumping dragon
Tipsy tea cups
Rock o plane

With weather permitting

Roller coaster
Spider
Wild mouse
Fire dragon
Music express
Sky ride
Red Rock Rally

I would try to open up the south end and kitty land and fence off the North End.

I love the idea of opening up PV for Christmas, but that's definitely all they could do. All of those rides are literally disassembled on shop benches during December, and in some cases the ride structures themselves are dismantled as well (see: Roller Coaster's gaping hole in its track). The few that aren't actively dismantled are winterized & storedin terraces across the park.

And that's not counting the fact that 95% of Lagoon's ride operations are staffed by employees who are not available for work during the winter.

Rides, definitely out, but would love seeing Village in winter!

RE: Opening Weekend - CPrider - 12-09-2016

You wouldn't get attendance with just PV open.
You would have to open up the main Midway.
Kings Island does a winter fest with some rides open
Just like most of the Six Flags parks that are in worst climate than lagoon is.
You would have to change the maintenance schedule and you would have to bring in employees from the seasons.
It's not that hard a lot of parks do it now

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

RE: Opening Weekend - crooks.mark - 12-10-2016

It's an interesting idea...

RE: Opening Weekend - acefreely44 - 12-10-2016

Wow, im actually blown away at these ideas. I could see this being really successful. Midway full of lights, turn bumper cars into a place to meet santa. Pioneer village decked out as well. Would love to see rollercoaster open saturdays if possible.

RE: Opening Weekend - CPrider - 12-10-2016

That's a good idea turn Scamper into Santa's Village walkthrough for the kids.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

RE: Opening Weekend - Brăden - 12-10-2016

I'd keep scamper open since it would be one of the warmer rides for kids. Maybe they could put Santa in Rad Brad's?