Lagoon Is Fun
What kind of ride will Lagoon add in 2017? - Printable Version

+- Lagoon Is Fun (http://www.lagoonisfun.com)
+-- Forum: Lagoon (http://www.lagoonisfun.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Lagoon Discussion (http://www.lagoonisfun.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: What kind of ride will Lagoon add in 2017? (/showthread.php?tid=5545)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

What kind of ride will Lagoon add in 2017? - jetstar2 - 08-11-2016

What kind of ride do you think the park will add in 2017?

Roller Coaster?
X-venture zone ride?
Thrill Ride/Flat Ride?
Dark Ride?
Kiddie Ride?
Transportation Ride?
No new ride?

Here's what's been added the past 10 years (according to the wiki).

2006 - Kiddie Rides - Dinosaur Drop/Ladybug Bop
2007 - Roller Coaster - Wicked
2008 - Kiddie Ride - OdySea
2009 - Kiddie Ride - Jumping Dragon
2010 - No new ride
2011 - Roller Coaster - Bombora
2012 - Thrill Ride/Flat Ride - Air Race
2013 - Kiddie Rides - Red Rock Rally/Tipsey Tea Cups
2014 - No new ride
2015 - Roller Coaster - Cannibal
2016 - No new ride

Will they go with the predictable kiddie ride? It time for another thrill/flat ride? Will it be something else, or nothing at all?

RE: What kind of ride will Lagoon add in 2017? - Brăden - 08-11-2016

They've gotta have something, but they have gone more than two years with no rides before...
A new dark ride would be great. So would a new coaster. Hmm...

RE: What kind of ride will Lagoon add in 2017? - DragonTamer - 08-11-2016

Frankly, we're overdue for a woodie... It's been like 43 years since we got a new one. I guess a wooden mine train is a bit much to hope for? Wink

A new dark ride would be kinda fun, especially if it weren't a scare-focused one. Not that Castle or Terrorride are especially scary, but it would be fun to have a more family-friendly dark ride to escape the heat.

RE: What kind of ride will Lagoon add in 2017? - gregwibert - 08-11-2016

I would like to see a new dark ride but likely will be a kiddie ride or no ride. Can't wait to see what we get (or don't get...lol)

RE: What kind of ride will Lagoon add in 2017? - 1stRainbowRose - 08-12-2016

I wish there were more options for flat rides (or vertical ride) that don't go in a circle. I mean, if you're feeling queasy/dizzy your options are Rocket and bumper cars. Technically I think you could tolerate Rock-o-plane, but my group has nicknamed it the penalty box for a reason. The only other option is to get wet, which isn't so fun in the evenings.

RE: What kind of ride will Lagoon add in 2017? - DragonTamer - 08-12-2016

(08-12-2016, 12:53 AM)1stRainbowRose Wrote: I wish there were more options for flat rides (or vertical ride) that don't go in a circle. I mean, if you're feeling queasy/dizzy your options are Rocket and bumper cars. Technically I think you could tolerate Rock-o-plane, but my group has nicknamed it the penalty box for a reason. The only other option is to get wet, which isn't so fun in the evenings.

Totally agree. I'm not a fan of wet rides in the first place (I think Rattlesnake Rapids was much better when it first opened sine you weren't guaranteed to get soaked), and twirl-n-hurls don't agree with my fortysomething vestibular system anymore, so it's a challenge to find flats to enjoy these days. Rocket, Ladybug/Dinosaur, Boomerang, and the dark rides are about the only non-coaster rides I enjoy anymore. Well, and SkyCoaster, but can't afford to do that as much as I'd like. Wink

RE: What kind of ride will Lagoon add in 2017? - linearinduction - 08-12-2016

Lagoon's recent history of additions have been about Balance, with Thrill Rides, followed by Family Rides, followed by Thrill Rides, etc. I would imagine that we can expect a new Family Ride or Rides next year.

It was rumored back in 2013 Lagoon was looking at a couple of different Family Rides from Zamperla, including the Speedway and Tea Cups, and a Demolition Derby Family Ride was mentioned. I would love to see Lagoon build a Custom Version of the Demolition Derby on the West Side of what's left of Putter Around the Park. They could move Bulgy over by Bombora or Behind Jumping Dragon, and even close off that Midway.

That said, I would imagine Lagoon would go towards more of Zamperla's best Sellers, like a Jump Around or Happy Swing, or Both. Again, as I've said for years, I'd like to see Sky Fighter moved to the Corner by the Employee Kitchen, a Jump Around could still fit between Bulgy and Sky Fighter, opening up that Midway in front of Tidal Wave again, and that small area behind Jumping Dragon has been screaming Happy Swing since forever. Lagoon could also add a couple more Family Rides across from BomBora.

I think we are looking at 2018/2019/2020 before we see a big new addition. While I would LOVE to see a new wood coaster, I don't think that's what we're going to get. If Lagoon got a new Dark Ride, I would hope for a traditional Dark Ride, as I'm not a huge fan of the interactive dark rides. As far as a new thrill ride; Giant Frisbee! I would love to see Lagoon build a real Inverted Coaster though.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

RE: What kind of ride will Lagoon add in 2017? - DragonTamer - 08-12-2016

I still think in the back of my mind that South Midway needs a bit of an overhaul, and part of me wonders if they might look at replacing Musik and possibly upgrading Screamer to a G2 as part of that. Love both of those rides from a "classics" point of view, but Musik especially is feeling a bit dated anymore.

As much as I personally don't have interest in a Giant Frisbee, I think that would be a heck of a fun, unique addition to the park.

As for woodies, yeah: as much as I think one would be cool too, I really say that in more of an "...and I want a pony..." sort of way. I think the chances of Lagoon investing in a second woodie in my lifetime are pretty slim. But man, would that be cool.

I tell ya one thing though, going to be really curious to see if Catapult is still standing next year. I'm sure management's none too happy to have thrown away a season's worth of ticket sales on it this year. Really starting to fear something massively wrong with it, such as foundational issues or metal fatigue that require major off-season work at this point. If it were just parts, that'd have to be the world's crappiest luck with a backorder for it to have gone on this long.

RE: What kind of ride will Lagoon add in 2017? - jetstar2 - 08-12-2016

By far I would prefer a (not haunted) dark ride. I think dark rides can be a bigger draw than all other rides including roller coasters if done well. I think it's possible to really screw them up too. I also think that interactive dark rides where you shoot at stuff ruin the magic. 20,000 leagues at Disneysea is minimally interactive, and it's awesome.

I rode a giant frisbee and now I would be disappointed if Lagoon got any other kind of thrill ride instead.

I wanna see Lagoon build its own wooden roller coaster for 2021.

Even the manufacturer of the Jump Around and Happy Swing calls them kiddie rides. They look super dinky. They're probably the best sellers because they're the cheapest. I think any of the other Zamperla kiddie/family rides look better. I rode a kite flyer and it felt more like flying than the B&M flying coasters.

I wonder if they'll just keep tearing out more stuff to expand kiddieland.

RE: What kind of ride will Lagoon add in 2017? - Bill - 08-12-2016

I think Lagoon would be a great fit for a Great Coasters International Woodie with their millennium Flyer trains!

But I'm fine with kiddy rides too.