Lagoon Is Fun
Swan Princess game in PV? - Printable Version

+- Lagoon Is Fun (http://www.lagoonisfun.com)
+-- Forum: Lagoon (http://www.lagoonisfun.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Games (http://www.lagoonisfun.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Thread: Swan Princess game in PV? (/showthread.php?tid=5528)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Swan Princess game in PV? - Brăden - 06-27-2016

What do you all think about this new game in PV apparently based on the 1994 box office failure, The Swan Princess?

RE: Swan Princess game in PV? - DragonTamer - 06-27-2016

We played a little bit on Thursday night -- they didn't even have any signage up at the time (they were still putting up merch; I didn't even think it was open yet, but they let us play). Kids thought it was hilarious, but it takes a pretty hefty whack with the hammer to get the frogs anywhere near the target area -- definitely not something young kids are going to be able to play on their own.

That's an... odd... choice for themeing for something right next to Rattlesnake Rapids (or PV in general) IMHO, but should work okay.

RE: Swan Princess game in PV? - gregwibert - 06-27-2016

Shane and I played it. I wacked it so hard the frog flew past the water pond and hit the game operator. LOL

Hit it "hard" is a relative term.

(06-27-2016, 02:13 PM)gregwibert Wrote: Shane and I played it. I wacked it so hard the frog flew past the water pond and hit the game operator. LOL

Hit it "hard" is a relative term.

LMAO! That's epic. In my case, there was a 4-year-old attached to one end of the hammer, so it was a bit tricky to get a good long swing in... had to make some sturdy, short whacks at it. Still managed to get a few frogs in, but they definitely don't fly true. Wink

RE: Swan Princess game in PV? - Willenator - 06-27-2016

Did this end up in the spot of the old game next to Rattlesnake Rapids, or is it in a new location near the ride?

(06-27-2016, 04:55 PM)Willenator Wrote: Did this end up in the spot of the old game next to Rattlesnake Rapids, or is it in a new location near the ride?

It took over the Peddler's Place gift shop between the old game and the food stand. The old game enclosure is still just covering picnic tables.

RE: Swan Princess game in PV? - Willenator - 06-27-2016

Oh that's interesting. Had the gift shop been shut down for long before the game opened? I never really paid attention to that part, so I don't even know if the gift shop was open at all this year. lol

(06-27-2016, 05:30 PM)Willenator Wrote: Oh that's interesting. Had the gift shop been shut down for long before the game opened? I never really paid attention to that part, so I don't even know if the gift shop was open at all this year. lol

It had been open -- we saw it there one week, and the next it was gone and a game was being assembled there. Guessing it probably wasn't an ideal location to sell much besides ponchos. Still, it was kind of a cute place with all the rocks & gemstones they sold up there... fit a bit better with the themeing, I thought, but... gotta make a profit.

RE: Swan Princess game in PV? - Brăden - 06-27-2016

The gift shop was open for the first part of the year. The old game location still just has two picnic tables in it. I thought [he who must not be named] had a good idea to make that structure an extended queue for busy times. I'm sure people would appreciate a little shade.

Sometimes I wonder if the food stand itself shouldn't have just gone in the middle of the viewing area up there, instead of off to the side. Would have created some natural traffic flow around it I think, plus made it a bit more visible. Kinda nice having the open area a bit, but something just always feels weird to me about the layout up there.

One thing's for sure: the water bomb plungers need to go. They're just confusing/annoying now since they don't actually work.