Lagoon Is Fun
Game Info: Game Time's Big Move, Ideas - Printable Version

+- Lagoon Is Fun (http://www.lagoonisfun.com)
+-- Forum: Lagoon (http://www.lagoonisfun.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Games (http://www.lagoonisfun.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Thread: Game Info: Game Time's Big Move, Ideas (/showthread.php?tid=5461)

Pages: 1 2

Game Time's Big Move, Ideas - gregwibert - 02-17-2016

Sid came up with the idea to kick game time out of its current building to expand Dracula's Castle into a new Dark Ride. However, WHERE would game time go? Would it stay how it is now or would they improve upon it? Your ideas are welcome here, please comment! Thank you Smile

RE: Game Time's Big Move, Ideas - Speedway Sr. - 02-18-2016

Game time has actually went down hill through the years. The prize center with better prizes used to be where central park is now. It would be nice to get decent prizes again. I do love me a game of skill but after you play and look at the selection its pretty drab. If they cant figure what to do with the Music USA stage there's enough room for a multi-story arcade there.

RE: Game Time's Big Move, Ideas - gregwibert - 02-18-2016

(02-18-2016, 12:11 AM)Speedway Sr. Wrote: Game time has actually went down hill through the years. The prize center with better prizes used to be where central park is now. It would be nice to get decent prizes again. I do love me a game of skill but after you play and look at the selection its pretty drab. If they cant figure what to do with the Music USA stage there's enough room for a multi-story arcade there.

Ooooh! Good idea!

I agree, prizes at Lagoon mostly consist of stuffed animals. This is the main reason why we never play the games. We would just toss them out after a few months.

The first floor could consist of modern / new games at full price. The 2nd floor could have nickel games that are older. You could also have skee ball, pinball, pool tables, etc. The arcade is an attraction but not the main attraction for coming to Lagoon. Why not make it a fun place for all ages.

RE: Game Time's Big Move, Ideas - Brăden - 02-18-2016

I'm thinking convert Game Time back into the Patio Gardens as an indoor entertainment venue like they have done with Davis Pavilion. They could use it as a haunted house for Frightmares and keep the Dracula's Castle facade for an entrance used only during Frightmares. Then get rid of Carousel Theater and update Lagoon Music Theater as the outdoor venue.

I like the idea of a combination modern / classic arcade. Maybe they could put it near the campground so campers could use it on days when they are not going inside the park. It could even be open year-round.

(02-18-2016, 06:20 PM)Brădēn Wrote: I'm thinking convert Game Time back into the Patio Gardens as an indoor entertainment venue like they have done with Davis Pavilion. They could use it as a haunted house for Frightmares and keep the Dracula's Castle facade for an entrance used only during Frightmares. Then get rid of Carousel Theater and update Lagoon Music Theater as the outdoor venue.

I like the idea of a combination modern / classic arcade. Maybe they could put it near the campground so campers could use it on days when they are not going inside the park. It could even be open year-round.

I'm not sure about converting Game Time to Patio Gardens. I really like Sid's idea of expanding Drac's.

However, Lagoon Music Theater could be a good spot for the new Game Time. It is a sore spot that Music Theater just sits, unused.

I really like your idea of locating Game Time near / in the camp ground so campers could access it. I've stayed at camp grounds that had an arcade near the camp store. Sometimes you need a little technology to break up a week of camping. Lol.

RE: Game Time's Big Move, Ideas - Brăden - 02-18-2016

Oh. For some reason I got mixed up with the other thread about getting rid of Dracula's. I'm all for it being expanded. If that happens, I bet they'll get rid of the arcade completely. Or spread the machines out to former games locations around the park until little by little they disappear completely. But I agree, Lagoon Music Theater would be better as an arcade than a weed garden.

(02-18-2016, 09:19 PM)Brădēn Wrote: Oh. For some reason I got mixed up with the other thread about getting rid of Dracula's. I'm all for it being expanded. If that happens, I bet they'll get rid of the arcade completely. Or spread the machines out to former games locations around the park until little by little they disappear completely. But I agree, Lagoon Music Theater would be better as an arcade than a weed garden.

There are buildings in PV where a few wild west type arcade games could be housed. Couple of classics:

There is always the campground for a mini-arcade as well.

RE: Game Time's Big Move, Ideas - Charmander0430 - 02-21-2016

Hey guys! Most people don't know this, but gametime is all ran by FatCats and lagoon has no direct control over prizes or games. I'm in the games department and our employees don't even work in there. Some really interesting ideas here though.

RE: Game Time's Big Move, Ideas - Brăden - 02-21-2016

When did that start?

RE: Game Time's Big Move, Ideas - Spy Hunter - 02-21-2016

Thats weird cuz i know someone and he says the games are still from Best.