Lagoon Is Fun
Game Info: Spill the Milk - Printable Version

+- Lagoon Is Fun (http://www.lagoonisfun.com)
+-- Forum: Lagoon (http://www.lagoonisfun.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Games (http://www.lagoonisfun.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Thread: Game Info: Spill the Milk (/showthread.php?tid=2893)

Pages: 1 2

Spill the Milk - Willenator - 07-26-2010

Spill the Milk

Opened: ?
Object: Throw a ball at a stack of 5 bottles and knock them over to win.
Price: $1 for 3 balls to win a small prize. $5 for 3 balls to win a medium prize.
Tradeups: 2 smalls for 1 medium, 2 mediums for 1 large.

RE: Spill the Milk - Rubber Ducky - 07-26-2010

/\ You posted a video of it on the lagoonisfun YouTube account, silly. Wink

RE: Spill the Milk - Willenator - 07-26-2010

What?!?! You expect me to check my own stuff? How weird. lol Happy

RE: Spill the Milk - Willenator - 04-04-2013

Game info updated to reflect 2013 changes.

RE: Spill the Milk - jetstar2 - 04-15-2017

I am working on a project for the wiki that will be incredibly cool if I can pull it off. For now I need to know any details about Spill the Milk that anybody knows.

I see that the 2013 rules were:

Object: Throw a ball at a stack of 5 bottles and knock them over to win.
Price: $1 for 3 balls to win a small prize. $5 for 3 balls to win a medium prize.
Tradeups: 2 smalls for 1 medium, 2 mediums for 1 large.

Do you remember what the previous rules before the edit were? Does anybody know the current rules, or any past rules? Anybody out there who actually worked Spill the Milk? Does Lagoon give the games people any leeway in changing the rules for different situations?

RE: Spill the Milk - jetstar2 - 04-16-2017

I'm sure this sounds like it couldn't be relevant or interesting in any way. I mean, the rules of Lagoon's spill the milk game couldn't possibly be tied to historical events of great interest to millions of people worldwide, could they?

If anybody knows or could check on the current rules it would really help me out.

RE: Spill the Milk - Willenator - 04-16-2017

I was going to check today while at the park and forgot. Frown

RE: Spill the Milk - jetstar2 - 04-16-2017

(04-16-2017, 08:22 PM)Willenator Wrote: I was going to check today while at the park and forgot. Frown

Thanks for thinking about it. I'd guess the rules don't change all that much. I can use the 2013 rules if I need to, but I'd feel better if I knew they were still that way. I need to get me a season pass I suppose.

RE: Spill the Milk - jetstar2 - 08-29-2017

So this interview with Nolan Bushnell (who invented video games as we know them) has been around for a while, has everybody seen it?

https://www.wired.com/2005/10/bushnell/

Here's the relevant part:
Quote:The inspiration for uWink – the vision of a fun, friendly social paradise – predates Bushnell's careers as game developer and restaurateur. It began at Lagoon Amusement Park, north of Salt Lake City, where he worked summers while pursuing a degree in electrical engineering at the University of Utah. As a barker on the midway, he ran the booth where players try to win a plush bear by throwing a baseball at a pyramid of three milk bottles. He was a natural, and before long he was managing the midway.
In Bushnell's mind, the carnival games were high-quality fun, even though many were scams. The two milk bottles at the bottom of the pyramid were weighted, he notes, making them nearly impossible to topple. How could rigged games be good games? Because of the social energy that swirled around them. Bushnell remembers the young couples and families and, especially, the groups of single young men and women looking to meet and using the games as a pretext. He also remembers the joy he took as barker – being quick with the joke, getting people to "step right up and give it a try," making sure everyone had fun.
He particularly liked using the games to control social interactions among the players. When a high school football star stepped up to impress the head cheerleader, Bushnell would stack the bottles in their usual sturdy pyramid. When the librarian's assistant took his turn, he would switch a weighted bottle to the top, so the stack would topple with just a glancing blow. He got a kick out of helping the underdog, but he also noticed that once the football star saw a weakling win the big stuffed animal, he'd spend every cent he had trying to do the same.
"In some ways, my whole career has been about monetizing what I learned running those games," Bushnell says. "It was my job to extract the most dollars from those people while helping them have a good time. That was my MBA."

I've seen a bunch of other stuff like this around. Bushnell credits Lagoon's Spill the Milk as being a big inspiration behind the invention of the arcade game. I wonder if he'd be willing to give an interview specifically about Lagoon...

RE: Spill the Milk - gregwibert - 08-29-2017

The cans are weighed down!?  Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Notserious