Lagoon Is Fun
The old stories of the old Wild Mouse (and other things) - Printable Version

+- Lagoon Is Fun (http://www.lagoonisfun.com)
+-- Forum: Lagoon (http://www.lagoonisfun.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: The Rides (http://www.lagoonisfun.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: The old stories of the old Wild Mouse (and other things) (/showthread.php?tid=1624)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

RE: The old stories of the old Wild Mouse (and other things) - linearinduction - 04-05-2013

I HATED the old Wilder Wild Mouse! Then I would get back in line 5 minutes later! lol I Love and Miss it! Love the new one too, but nothing is as scary as that old one! What's really funny is that the Brake Lever is still a Vivid Memory!

RE: The old stories of the old Wild Mouse (and other things) - Brăden - 04-05-2013

I didn't get to ride the old Wild Mouse very much, but the memories the times I did are still engraved in my mind. One of my favorite photos is of my Dad and I coming down the last stretch before the station. I also remember riding it with my two sisters, but we were all so small anyway.

I think the Wild Mouse death rumor has to be one of the most widespread of all the Lagoon rumors. That and maybe the Six Flags purchase rumor. I live in Idaho and I have been trying to figure when I first heard the rumor of cars flying off of the Wild Mouse, but it wouldn't have been long after the ride closed. I think it spread quickly because it was somewhat easy to believe for anyone who had been on the ride.

RE: The old stories of the old Wild Mouse (and other things) - Emily - 04-05-2013

I don't remember the Six Flags purchase rumour. Could you give me a refresher?

RE: The old stories of the old Wild Mouse (and other things) - jazzman96 - 04-05-2013

(04-05-2013, 04:59 PM)emmyep2002 Wrote: I don't remember the Six Flags purchase rumour. Could you give me a refresher?

Rumor*

RE: The old stories of the old Wild Mouse (and other things) - DavidJT - 04-05-2013

(04-05-2013, 06:05 PM)jazzman96 Wrote:
(04-05-2013, 04:59 PM)emmyep2002 Wrote: I don't remember the Six Flags purchase rumour. Could you give me a refresher?

Rumor*

Rumour is the British English spelling of rumor. I played Runescape for years (British game devs and international player base) and still spell things like favourite or behaviour sometimes.

RE: The old stories of the old Wild Mouse (and other things) - Brăden - 04-05-2013

It was in the '90s when it seemed like Six Flags was buying out a park every other week. Basically, the rumor was that Six Flags was going to buy or was looking into buying Lagoon. There may have been more to it as the rumor grew, but it probably changed a lot like rumors do. There was never any truth to it - thank goodness!

RE: The old stories of the old Wild Mouse (and other things) - jazzman96 - 04-05-2013

(04-05-2013, 06:57 PM)ARH Wrote:
(04-05-2013, 06:05 PM)jazzman96 Wrote: Rumor*

Rumour is the British English spelling of rumor. I played Runescape for years (British game devs and international player base) and still spell things like favourite or behaviour sometimes.

I know, but we are in America not Britain. Spell like an American.
I apolagize if that sounded rude

RE: The old stories of the old Wild Mouse (and other things) - Mustang - 04-05-2013

(04-05-2013, 08:13 PM)jazzman96 Wrote: I know, but we are in America not Britain. Spell like an American.

Wow both spellings are English and correct, I see no problem using either one.

RE: The old stories of the old Wild Mouse (and other things) - ThatWyomingDude - 04-05-2013

(04-05-2013, 08:13 PM)jazzman96 Wrote: I know, but we are in America not Britain. Spell like an American.

Didn't sound rude, plenty ignorant though.

RE: The old stories of the old Wild Mouse (and other things) - Emily - 04-05-2013

Oh, and apologise is misspelled.

Yes, I spell like a Brit, not an American, because the Harry Potter series has ingrained its British spellings and jargon into my brain.