Lagoon Is Fun
The old stories of the old Wild Mouse (and other things) - Printable Version

+- Lagoon Is Fun (http://www.lagoonisfun.com)
+-- Forum: Lagoon (http://www.lagoonisfun.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: The Rides (http://www.lagoonisfun.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: The old stories of the old Wild Mouse (and other things) (/showthread.php?tid=1624)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

RE: The old stories of the old Wild Mouse (and other things) - linearinduction - 04-04-2013

(04-04-2013, 07:24 PM)skwid Wrote: Actually you could fit three people into a car on the old wild mouse, and we did do it. It was better to ride only two because it was uncomfortable to ride three, trust me I did it (bad idea when trying to impress a couple of girls). Crowded
Thank You for the Correction FROM SOMEONE WHO ACTUALLY OPERATED THE RIDE! Laugh

RE: The old stories of the old Wild Mouse (and other things) - DavidJT - 04-04-2013

(04-04-2013, 07:24 PM)skwid Wrote: (bad idea when trying to impress a couple of girls)

That makes me want to hear the whole story. haha

RE: The old stories of the old Wild Mouse (and other things) - Jim1013 - 04-04-2013

Newbie here, I remember the old Wild Mouse and I can say it was much more thrilling than the newer models. I remember being tossed into the air on the first dip and you really did feel like it could come off the rails. I've never been to Blackpool Pleasure Beach but from the videos on YouTube, it seems exactly like Lagoon's old Wild Mouse.

RE: The old stories of the old Wild Mouse (and other things) - Mustang - 04-04-2013

(04-04-2013, 08:48 PM)ARH Wrote:
(04-04-2013, 07:24 PM)skwid Wrote: (bad idea when trying to impress a couple of girls)

That makes me want to hear the whole story. haha

Same here it seems like it is an interesting story. Can we gather around a campfire while skwid tells it.

RE: The old stories of the old Wild Mouse (and other things) - skwid - 04-04-2013

(04-04-2013, 09:23 PM)Mustang Wrote:
(04-04-2013, 08:48 PM)ARH Wrote: That makes me want to hear the whole story. haha

Same here it seems like it is an interesting story. Can we gather around a campfire while skwid tells it.

Basically put as all young males know that you will do anything for a couple young ladies that you would like to be with, or for one and her friend that you couldn't find a date for. Being the gentleman that I am I offered to sit behind both of them knowing this is a bad idea as the three of us crammed into the car. The lift hill was the first indication that as both their weights slid back onto me I knew I was not going to enjoy the rest of the ride. The car did tip a little as we went through the turns (was thrilling and exciting) and then I saw the dips and remembered the air time. As we went through the dips the girls would raise then slam down into my lap. Needless to say I had to take a short break (and cough a little) before we continued on with our day.
As I have said, the old wild mouse was fun, just ride responsibly. Wink

RE: The old stories of the old Wild Mouse (and other things) - linearinduction - 04-04-2013

(04-04-2013, 09:41 PM)skwid Wrote: Basically put as all SOME young males know......
Fixed! Laugh

RE: The old stories of the old Wild Mouse (and other things) - Emily - 04-04-2013

Ahem. Weren't we talking about old Wild Mouse? Just a thought...

RE: The old stories of the old Wild Mouse (and other things) - Trackbender - 04-04-2013

(04-04-2013, 07:49 PM)linearinduction Wrote:
(04-04-2013, 07:24 PM)skwid Wrote: Actually you could fit three people into a car on the old wild mouse, and we did do it. It was better to ride only two because it was uncomfortable to ride three, trust me I did it (bad idea when trying to impress a couple of girls). Crowded
Thank You for the Correction FROM SOMEONE WHO ACTUALLY OPERATED THE RIDE! Laugh

It was not unlike trying to fit 3 riders in a seat on Jet Star 2 due to the tandem seating. Made for some very intimate rides. Oh the memories...For those of you who never have had the chance to ride a wooden Wild Mouse have really missed something. Seriously, intimacy aside, the overall ride experience is orders of magnitude better than the new steel models. Though I'm grateful Lagoon, at least, listened to the public and bought the best modern replacement available.

The New Wilder Wild Mouse (Lagoon's 2nd wooden Wild Mouse) has always been an honorary subject to local lore. Probly because of it's unerving ablity of scaring the pants off of it's riders. Now all those impressional youngsters of that era have grown into adults leaving us with countless tales of cars flying off the tracks and more deaths that have actually occured in the entire amusement industry this century. How many rides today have this level of reputation by heresay?...Sid, Shane, Greg and I witnessed a train launched right off the tracks 50 ft in the air and gawked in horror as it came crashing to the ground, creating that big green smear in the parking lot next to the Roller Coaster, killing all 8 riders on Wicked last weekend while climbing the lift on Fire Dragon...see it doesn't seem to have the same impact, now does it?...lol! Now, I know for a fact that old Wild Mouse killed that kid my cousin's best friend's brother sat next to in 5th period in 10th grade back in 1982...it has to be true! Wink

RE: The old stories of the old Wild Mouse (and other things) - Mustang - 04-04-2013

I really wish I could have gone on it. I'm not sure if what year it last ran but it was most likely around the same year I was born 1991. Ps I love the fact that no mater how we try to tell people the stories about the mouse are not true they will always be there and personally I think it makes the ride fun even though I know its not true but since I have always heard the stories it just kinda adds to how I see the ride Its hard to explain.

RE: The old stories of the old Wild Mouse (and other things) - Willenator - 04-04-2013

(04-04-2013, 09:21 PM)Jim1013 Wrote: Newbie here, I remember the old Wild Mouse and I can say it was much more thrilling than the newer models. I remember being tossed into the air on the first dip and you really did feel like it could come off the rails. I've never been to Blackpool Pleasure Beach but from the videos on YouTube, it seems exactly like Lagoon's old Wild Mouse.

I enjoyed the wooden Wild Mouse too. It was a favorite of mine as a kid, and I enjoyed riding it over and over. I was very excited when Wild Mouse returned, but it never really gave me the same thrill as the old one.