Lagoon Is Fun
The old stories of the old Wild Mouse (and other things) - Printable Version

+- Lagoon Is Fun (http://www.lagoonisfun.com)
+-- Forum: Lagoon (http://www.lagoonisfun.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: The Rides (http://www.lagoonisfun.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: The old stories of the old Wild Mouse (and other things) (/showthread.php?tid=1624)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Re: The old stories of the old Wild Mouse (and other things) - skwid - 06-18-2008

Tilt-A-Whirl Wrote: So, the little boy who was killed on Puff had an explanation of why he was killed. But what exactly would cause a person to fall from the Roller Coaster? I'm curious about this because I don't want to make the same mistake.

I hate how this topic keeps resurrecting itself, the young girl stood up at the top of the first hill and fell out of the train as it went down the hill. The lapbars were different then, and so were the seats, so if you are using your lapbar correctly, and not standing up, you will not fall out.

Re: The old stories of the old Wild Mouse (and other things) - LIF Chef - 06-18-2008

Tilt-A-Whirl Wrote: So, the little boy who was killed on Puff had an explanation of why he was killed. But what exactly would cause a person to fall from the Roller Coaster? I'm curious about this because I don't want to make the same mistake.

Tilt,

I hear the person who fell out was riding in a seat right next to someone who had been drinking.

Re: The old stories of the old Wild Mouse (and other things) - linearinduction - 06-18-2008

skwid Wrote: I hate how this topic keeps resurrecting itself, the young girl stood up at the top of the first hill and fell out of the train as it went down the hill. The lapbars were different then, and so were the seats, so if you are using your lapbar correctly, and not standing up, you will not fall out.
Which is why all PTC Trains with Buzz Bars have Safety Belts and most PTC Trains for that matter. Wink

Re: The old stories of the old Wild Mouse (and other things) - Tilt-A-Whirl Girl - 06-18-2008

Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh

Thanks, pennyfarmer, I will remember that.

I figured that whoever died on Roller Coaster probably did something wrong, I just wasn't sure what. I just hate how the ride spiels at the beginning tell you what not to do, and there are always people who do it anyway. The huge sign on Roller Coaster lets you know that you shouldn't stand up. So why do it? Same with hopping up and down on SkyRide. They tell you not to. So why are you still doing it? Especially since on SkyRide if you hop hard enough, not only are you endangering your life, but the lives of others as well.

But I am aware, for all of you people who are going to reproach me for saying the above, that it is rare to be hurt at an amusement park. Still, though, obviously it's possible. So when they tell you not to do something, don't you think it's probably a good idea not to do it? Duh.

Re: The old stories of the old Wild Mouse (and other things) - Kyle - 06-18-2008

^ True. Amusement Parks' number one aspects are to keep riders safe and secure. even if they want the ride to feel unsafe/have lots of intensity, it's still safe. It's a great thing they tell you not to do something, even though they make sure if you do it anyways, there's a chance nothing will happen. But still, this shouldn't give you a reason to put your life at stake!

Re: The old stories of the old Wild Mouse (and other things) - linearinduction - 06-19-2008

Tilt-A-Whirl Wrote: Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh

Thanks, pennyfarmer, I will remember that.

I figured that whoever died on Roller Coaster probably did something wrong, I just wasn't sure what. I just hate how the ride spiels at the beginning tell you what not to do, and there are always people who do it anyway. The huge sign on Roller Coaster lets you know that you shouldn't stand up. So why do it? Same with hopping up and down on SkyRide. They tell you not to. So why are you still doing it? Especially since on SkyRide if you hop hard enough, not only are you endangering your life, but the lives of others as well.

But I am aware, for all of you people who are going to reproach me for saying the above, that it is rare to be hurt at an amusement park. Still, though, obviously it's possible. So when they tell you not to do something, don't you think it's probably a good idea not to do it? Duh.
Tilt, why the hell did you never work at Lagoon? Laugh You would seriously have been a kick ass rides super! Smile

Re: The old stories of the old Wild Mouse (and other things) - Tilt-A-Whirl Girl - 06-19-2008

Are you being sarcastic?

Re: The old stories of the old Wild Mouse (and other things) - linearinduction - 06-19-2008

Tilt-A-Whirl Wrote: Are you being sarcastic?  :o
I was serious. Smile

Re: The old stories of the old Wild Mouse (and other things) - Green Puddin - 06-21-2008

So I guess my aunt is lying. Which is funny. She swears she was in line for the Wild Mouse when she says the cart fell over.

And I can't seem to disprove her. Maybe a Lagoon representative could send her some flowers or something.

Re: The old stories of the old Wild Mouse (and other things) - jetstar2 - 06-21-2008

She probably really was in line for the wild mouse once when it broke. "Fell over" isn't a very technical term. Does she mean that the car broke free from the track and came crashing to the ground, or does she mean that the entire ride fell over? I'm sure she means neither.

The ride probably broke and she got kicked out of line. She probably had the "wild mouse cars fall over" myth in her head and assumed that's what happened. Does she claim that a car came crashing to the ground of the midway? Because that's what would happen if it was separated from the track. Roller coaster cars don't "just tip over" yet somehow still stay on the track "tipped over".

Edit:

You should probably just let the people who remember this stuff keep those memories. One thing I've learned living in Utah is that if a person has believed something their whole life, it doesn't matter if it can be proven wrong. It's an important part of that person's whole life that they don't want you to try and take away. Just smile and nod when they try to pass this disinformation on to you, then feel confident that at least YOU know the truth. One day you will be able to pass the same truth on to a new generation.